The impending death of Bally Sports

Motor City Sonics

Local blackouts must be in place to protect the local option.

Personally, I wouldn't walk into the next room to see most of that network's content. Outside of the occasional decent doc and MLB Now only when Brian Kenny is on, the whole network is seat-of-the-pants boosterism, because they are just too close to the people in it to see it any other way. Most of the ex-players they have on there are just that: guys who knew enough to make the major leagues at one time, but don't know enough about the overall game in general to be interesting or informative.

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I saw *Local blackout restrictions apply* 3 or 4 times.......

I think the link is for MLB Network and their shows being available via the MLB site for a fee.

Any games shown on MLB Network will still be under local blackout rules as they were when I had it on Directv from what I recall anyways.

“We believe that we have made substantial progress on resolving our issues with Comcast, and we have the intention of fully documenting and executing an agreement with Comcast to broadcast our RSNs in the very near term,” said Diamond lawyer Brian Hermann in a bankruptcy court hearing on Wednesday afternoon.

A Comcast spokesperson declined comment.

Looks like Comcast and Bally will have a deal soon.

• 4 weeks later...