Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Word of advice. The US has a homicide rate that is four times higher than the UK. I wouldn't go citing the UK if your goal is more guns keep us safe. 

Also, they didn't properly identify the knife so that article is null and void. 

I wonder if 3 year olds find knives in the UK and cut their heads off?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Archie said:

Was the gun legal? Since this is in the middle of a liberal cesspool I have my doubt?  Even if it is illegal it shouldn't be accesable to anyone but the owner.

So you would be happy if all responsible and legal firearm owner had their firearms taken away?  That would be very communist of you but would be a big hit with your fellow commies AKA liberals.  That way the criminals would have the upper hand like they do in other countries.  See the attached article.

Now the Biden or whoever is running the country is going to make the border open more to illegals everyone needs to find a way to defend themselves against the crime the democrats will be bringing to the country.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/08/pensioner-fatally-stabbed-burglar-goes-hiding-fears-revenge-attack-7449734/

I just want to know one thing: Did the kid know the difference between a magazine and a clip? 

On 4/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, Motown Bombers said:

If you’re not horrified and angered by this data, you’re not human. 
And if you still insist this doesn’t warrant laws restricting gun proliferation, then please add “ignorant” to your personal profile… because you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

That's nothing. Here they actually shut down freeways to drag race and do donuts. Turns out the main culprit was a white kid from the suburbs. 

that's lower wacker drive.  its kind of a big street.  and they set it on fire.

they do it a lot.

oh, five people got shot in the tourist area of river north north this weekend.  ho hum.

12 minutes ago, buddha said:

they do it a lot.

this is exactly what is wrong with American policing. With all the money we spend on police depts a force like Chicago is so manpower short that it can't sit on a problem area every night for even a year if needed to clean it up? It makes no sense at all. Then even already have the surveillance and they still don't go cover it.

Here's the contrast in fact. When we were in Suburban Minny, after the real estate crash there was house in the neighborhood that had defaulted and an absentee owner let to a tenant who decided a brothel would be a great way to make the mortgage payments. Once the neighbors figured it out out local cops did exactly that. They came and sat across the street every night taking any plate numbers until the eviction proceeding (which takes about 6mo in MN) was complete.  A problem never had a chance to get off the ground. Do enough of that and your cops will end up with the time to sit on things before they become problems.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, buddha said:

they do it a lot.

oh, five people got shot in the tourist area of river north north this weekend.  ho hum.

First time I took my family to chicago we stayed at the best western river north. Had free parking. That was the deciding factor. Back then it seemed so far away but when we were there in January we walked by and thought “it’s right here!”  I guess with small kids and bags and all that everything is an ordeal and seems far away. 

In the category of How To Do Everything Wrong and Make Yourself Look Worse At Every Turn we'd like to add Oxford Community Schools

OCS.............there is no way, under any circumstance that you'll come out of this looking good,  but you are making this so much worse.    You WANT the independent investigation.   You want it done as soon as possible so you can start moving forward.  Stop being stupid,   It didn't work at Penn State, or Michigan State and it's not working at Michigan with their scandal.  Haven't you learned anything?    Take your lumps now.  

Las Cruces New Mexico Police Officer Shoots and Kills 75 Year Old Woman With Dementia

I listened to the 911 recording and her daughter tells the dispatcher her mother is being aggressive and that she has dementia. She also says she may or may not have gotten a weapon from the kitchen. In the bodycam footage you can clearly see that the 75 year old women is holding a rather large kitchen knife. I know that a knife can be a deadly weapon, but after watching the bodycam footage that was released and given that she is a 75 year old woman, I have a hard time believing that someone couldn't have disarmed this demented woman in some other way. A taser, walking up from behind her, a baton strike. She cannot possibly be stronger than the Officer/s who confronted her.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad