Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

I don't know how somebody can point to the Tulsa shooting and come to the conclusion that Oklahoma's lax gun laws weren't a significant contributing factor.

*edited. Too many negatives or not enough. I meant to say it is clear Oklahoma's lack of regulation is a definite cause.

Edited by Edman85
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm right in line with Gabe Kapler, I'm not standing for a song about bombs anymore.  Fuck that.  Even our anthem has violence.  

Now I think we are getting somewhere, in our search for the origins of the violent subculture that has existed since at least the 1870s.

So it is being reported that the killer had surgery in that very clinic in May. He had been suffering back pain and had called the hospital several times about the pain. He goes to the hospital/clinic and kills the surgeon who did the surgery on his back. 
 He bought the weapons legally shortly before committing the murders. 

What can be done to foresee this and prevent it? I don’t think this guy, as of now, falls in the mentally I’ll category.

The alleged gunman, Michael Louis of Muskogee, Okla., opened fire in the Natalie Medical Building at St. Francis Hospital on Wednesday, killing the doctor who performed the surgery and three others before dying of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said Thursday that officers recovered a letter with the suspect that made it clear he intended to kill the doctor and “anyone who got in his way.”

WSJ

28 minutes ago, pfife said:

Yet Another GOP sponsored death panel event.

I like this quote from the idiot Sheriff:

"I wouldn't say I'm shocked as law enforcement," Lennie said. "We prepare and we train hard for this, but when it happens, it's obviously chaotic until you get it under control."

You didn't get it under control, moron, the perp killed himself for you.

Liability insurance has got to be part of this.  That would break the back of a lot of undisciplined gun ownership.  Associate meaningful regulation with the ownership of weapons similar to car ownership.  There will still be illegal weapons ownership of course but the kid who can't get into dad's biometric safe he had to buy to keep his pistol won't be able to kill himself -- that way. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 1776 said:

The alleged gunman, Michael Louis of Muskogee, Okla., opened fire in the Natalie Medical Building at St. Francis Hospital on Wednesday, killing the doctor who performed the surgery and three others before dying of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said Thursday that officers recovered a letter with the suspect that made it clear he intended to kill the doctor and “anyone who got in his way.”

WSJ

Clearly having gun toting teachers would have stopped this.

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Liability insurance has got to be part of this.  That would break the back of a lot of undisciplined gun ownership.  Associate meaningful regulation with the ownership of weapons similar to car ownership.  There will still be illegal weapons ownership of course but the kid who can't get into dad's biometric safe he had to buy to keep his pistol won't be able to kill himself -- that way. 

Good luck with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

C-Span caller saying the way to stop school shooting is to hide lazer pens under desks so the students can blind the shooter.    Also suggested sending them to Ukraine to use against the Russians.

Things are getting really good-faithy in this gun violence national discussion

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

C-Span caller saying the way to stop school shooting is to hide lazer pens under desks so the students can blind the shooter.    Also suggested sending them to Ukraine to use against the Russians.

Things are getting really good-faithy in this gun violence national discussion

A lot of sacred cows are threatened here.  Sometimes the smart administrator tries to avoid offending local gods.  In this case the local god is the cult of the firearm. 

That said: murdered kids. 

Edited by romad1