2023 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

Tigeraholic1

Remember that guy who left the Astros for the Cardinals and hacked into his old employer’s database, get busted, and was sentenced to four years prison? Now this. People switching teams must take copies of proprietary information with them all the time. 

So tonights Reds Angels game in Anaheim is cancelled due to the effects of Hilary, this is now the 2nd game in a row that the Angels had to cancel due to it. Reason this is noteworthy is this is the first time in 40 years the Angels have had to cancel multiple games in a season due to weather, not multiple games in a row just multiple games period for the weather in any given season. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

15 hours ago, chasfh said:

Good lord. NBC Sports Chicago has a version of their White Sox broadcast called “Betcast”, that features not only on going odds on basically everything, but cutaways of guys sitting around talking about the betting implications of everything.

IMG_0136.thumb.jpeg.b154a54f53b5be17269478e09ec489b7.jpeg

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.97e78333deb4162871e66a7e9ef93460.jpeg

IMG_0135.thumb.jpeg.ce44b2b2390c31c6246691e998fb3f27.jpeg

listening to gambling talk is as exciting as listening to someone talk about their golf game or fantasy football results on Monday morning at work during football season.

Nobody.Cares.

35 minutes ago, oblong said:

listening to gambling talk is as exciting as listening to someone talk about their golf game or fantasy football results on Monday morning at work during football season.

Nobody.Cares.

I left the television on Bally’s when I turned it off last night, so this channel was still on when I turned it on while I was on lunch just now. Some betting show was on, and I was just thinking “who the hell watches this?”

34 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I left the television on Bally’s when I turned it off last night, so this channel was still on when I turned it on while I was on lunch just now. Some betting show was on, and I was just thinking “who the hell watches this?”

broke college students drinking bud light for breakfast

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

Speaking of White Sox, this is pure comic gold, Jerry.

"Great timing all around. Why not announce a contract extension for manager Pedro Grifol and a boxing clinic by Tim Anderson while they’re at it?"

kenny williams and rick hahn fired today.

please please please name tony larussa gm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2023 at 2:42 PM, Tenacious D said:

Usually the best advice.

That song is particularly creepy as it acknowledges that, “hey, maybe I shouldn’t do this”. 

Such a bad girl
Loves to work me over time
Feels good (ha)
Dancin' close to the borderline
She's a magic mountain
She's a leather glove (oh)
She's my soul
It must be love
She's only seventeen (seventeen)
The girl she gives me love like I've never seen
She's only seventeen (seventeen)
Daddy says she's too young
But she's old enough for me

Kip Winger is gross.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Nancy Faust, the brilliant retired white Sox organist, has an opinion about it. 

Years ago the Sox had about the most famous organist in the country - a guy named Shay Torrent (I think he might have played for the Black Hawks also). He left them to go to Anaheim. I guess loyalty is in short supply everywhere....🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

Nancy Faust, the brilliant retired white Sox organist, has an opinion about it. 

Faust was the subject of an early episode of the Lost Ballparks podcast.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nancy-faust-white-sox/id1602158620?i=1000552677238

From 1970-2010 Nancy Faust was the organist for the Chicago White Sox. She was a trailblazer who made music an integral part of the ballpark experience. When Harry Caray first sang "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at Comiskey Park, Nancy was playing the organ for him. She was the first to play "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" as an opposing pitcher walked off the field or after a White Sox home run. She is a Chicago treasure!

• Like 3

Teams and government entities do not share the same values anymore.

Governments are broke and don't want to pay for stadiums.  Teams are not broke but don't want to pay for stadiums if they don't have to so they will find someone who will pay.

Fans get screwed.

Just now, oblong said:

Teams and government entities do not share the same values anymore.

Governments are broke and don't want to pay for stadiums.  Teams are not broke but don't want to pay for stadiums if they don't have to so they will find someone who will pay.

Fans get screwed.

No argument here.