2023 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

Tigeraholic1

This thing with the White Sox.   To me it isn't that they didn't trade for and draft good players, they did.   Where they really screwed up was hiring LaRussa as the manager and not getting that clubhouse in order.    They have the players.  The right skipper turns it around.    They don't need a new rebuild, they need a father figure.   Who could that be?      (a Jim Leyland type would be great.  He'd be great if he was 15 years younger).     Watch, they'll hire Joe Madden. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

As I previously mentioned, I'm taking my 7 year old grandson to the Saturday game against the Astros.

My question is, what time should we arrive at the stadium in order for him to get a bobble head figurine.

This will be the first trip to Comerica for both of us.

I don't know the exact answer, but, take these into consideration:

• Its the Astros, so there might be extra attendance because of that.
  • Its the last Saturday home game before Labor Day / football season.  I think most Michigan schools start after Labor Day?  That probably rolls into this.
  • Weather looks good for Saturday.  Might increase walk ups?

If you go really early, there's always the carousel and ferris wheel to entertain your grandson.  There's the statues and the pennant poles to check out.  Take a walk around the stadium.  There's stuff to do before the first pitch.  It probably depends on how your grandson might take all of this in.

21 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

As I previously mentioned, I'm taking my 7 year old grandson to the Saturday game against the Astros.

My question is, what time should we arrive at the stadium in order for him to get a bobble head figurine.

This will be the first trip to Comerica for both of us.

To be safe I would say 30 min minimum before the gates open.   For giveaways there's often a line just to get in and the black panther one may be a hot item.

We joke about Ozzie.   But if they hired him in the offseason, I wouldn't be against them in 2024.............after that it would be a disaster.   He's kind of like Billy Martin that way...........for a team that needs a quick kick up the arse.     (Just don't talk about Fidel Castro this time).  

Speaking of a quick kick up the arse

I wonder how much money this news is gonna cost Ohtani? Assuming it doesn't effect him offensively you still would be signing arguably the best hitter in the game but if this forces him to not beable to pitch or even worse forces him to the full time DH role that absolutely craters a big chunk of his value.

A month ago I was predicting that Ohtani would end up getting 600 million over 10 years.  Now I would guess it's 400 over 10 based solely on his worth as a hitter.  Dude has pitched 86 games and blown his arm out twice.  I just can't see a team letting him pitch again.

On 8/23/2023 at 11:02 AM, Dave Christian said:

Many thanks to casimir and oblong for their valuable advice.

Saturday will be a special day for my grandson and I.

Oblong would know better than me how these things go.  I was just thinking about some of the variables of this weekend.

Enjoy!