Rarity: 54
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Is a lower rarity score better or worse? 

I usually don't try to get a low rarity score, but this is the first where I tried.

️ Immaculate Grid 133 9/9:
Rarity: 34
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

11 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Wander Franco in some possible hot water. Obviously need more information but this is crazy if true. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38187886/mlb-looking-social-media-posts-involving-rays-wander-franco

Yikes not good

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/rays/2023/08/13/wander-franco-social-media-allegations-mlb/

Edited by Toddwert
  • Like 1

Umpires really getting themselves on shaky ground  - now they're taking on Donnie Kelly.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38187886/mlb-looking-social-media-posts-involving-rays-wander-franco

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Pirates manager Derek Shelton, bench coach Don Kelly and pitching coach Oscar Marin were ejected by plate umpire Nic Lentz during the same at-bat for arguing ball/strike calls in the sixth inning Sunday night in a doubleheader nightcap against Cincinnati Reds......

Shelton said that he was ejected on the field, Marin was ejected for yelling from the dugout, but Kelly didn't say anything.

"Donnie didn't say a word. Not a word," Shelton said. "I think the most frustrating thing is he just started running people and basically said, 'You're all gone.' You very rarely see Donnie Kelly lose his cool and you got to see Donnie Kelly lose his cool. The first two were warranted, probably -- arguing balls and strikes. The last one, I think he just started throwing people out and was not aware of what the situation was."

We attended a Durham Bulls game yesterday. There were challenges to two of the plate umpires calls during the game. Both of the calls were overturned on review. Both incorrect calls were ball four calls that were actually strikes.
Driving home I commented to my wife at how well the batters know the strike zone. These were the only two challenges of the game and the players were correct in both cases. In both cases the ball was on the strike frame perimeter.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 1776 said:

We attended a Durham Bulls game yesterday. There were challenges to two of the plate umpires calls during the game. Both of the calls were overturned on review. Both incorrect calls were ball four calls that were actually strikes.
Driving home I commented to my wife at how well the batters know the strike zone. These were the only two challenges of the game and the players were correct in both cases. In both cases the ball was on the strike frame perimeter.

That’s what seeing tens of thousands of pitches thrown your way will do for you!

I will say in Wander's defense seeing pics of the girl she could pass for 19 or 20 especially since she reportedly has a 13 month old kid already and was seen driving, so I don't think Wander is a total creep that is into girls that age. But either way its not a good look, illegal and ultimately his responsibility to make sure the person is of age. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I will say in Wander's defense seeing pics of the girl she could pass for 19 or 20 especially since she reportedly has a 13 month old kid already and was seen driving, so I don't think Wander is a total creep that is into girls that age. But either way its not a good look, illegal and ultimately his responsibility to make sure the person is of age. 

My neighbors granddaughter is 14 and looks like she is 23. She races dune buggies (so she drives well) and I can see how an adult male could be visually fooled. That is, until she talks....a 14 year old, no matter how they look, will expose their true age when they speak more that 30 words. No adult male would be fooled unless they want to be fooled.

10 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

My neighbors granddaughter is 14 and looks like she is 23. She races dune buggies (so she drives well) and I can see how an adult male could be visually fooled. That is, until she talks....a 14 year old, no matter how they look, will expose their true age when they speak more that 30 words. No adult male would be fooled unless they want to be fooled.

Yeah I didn't think of the talking part but after you brought it up that is true unless she is some sorta outlier that sounds and acts more mature than her age.

I'll give him some benefit of the doubt in the sense he might have thought she as of age, and I am receptive to defenses that this was a setup.... but everyone has an obligation and duty to ensure the other person is of age.  It's not a legal or moral excuse. He should face the same consequences any regular person would face.

6 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Having seen the pictures, I'm having trouble buying that she is 14 with a child over a year old. I have a feeling that numbers are in flux at the moment.

This from Wikipedia:

Franco married his girlfriend after the 2021 MLB season. The pair have a son, Wander Samuel Franco Jr., born in late 2018, and have another son, born in 2022.”

Wander Franco is from the Dominican Republic. From what I’m understanding, the allegation involves a female from the Dominican Republic. I don’t know where this female actually resides now. I have no idea what is “traditionally” or “culturally” considered crossing the line in the DR where ages of consent, or whatever, are concerned. So, is this age issue being addressed through MLB necessarily an age issue specific to the Dominican Republic, and what is acceptable there? Or is this an Americanized view of what should or shouldn’t be?

Edited by 1776

Perhaps he’s the father of said girl’s child and both were younger at the time but still underage ? Could be a martial issue, wife just found out, that has him on the restricted list and not the age thing ? Or both ? 
Who knows. Best way to solve it is trade him to Detroit for nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Perhaps he’s the father of said girl’s child and both were younger at the time but still underage ? Could be a martial issue, wife just found out, that has him on the restricted list and not the age thing ? Or both ? 
Who knows. Best way to solve it is trade him to Detroit for nothing. 

Perfect solution. What org already has more experience with dual family ball players?

• Like 1