2023 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

Tigeraholic1

18 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

You'd think they'd be able to rule out whether it came from outside the stadium based on the trajectory of the entrance and exit points(assuming there was one). 

I would think that as well.

Cynical Me says I bet they do know, right now, that it came from outside, but a conscious decision is being made by someone along the chain to provide something other than exactly what they know, for reasons. Regardless of how much we despise the Chicago White Sox as an organization, as a team, as fans, as people, as a neighborhood, whatever, it simply makes no sense that a season ticket holder would try and could manage to sneak a gun past a magnetometer—and in their belly fat no less! I mean, really. Come on.

I'm starting to wonder whether it's the city's decision to float this story, and I think they're gonna get caught on it, and if so, the question is how do they tamp down potential outrage. Who knows, maybe they'll try to delay delay delay until a couple months from now, then drop their actual findings the day before Thanksgiving or something.

2 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

yeah it started in 1980 i had to looked that up

I had to look it up too.  I have never paid much attention to silver sluggers.  I always thought it was overkill to give an award for the best hitter at every position.  Just give it to the best hitter.  

• Thanks 1

You morons have me hooked on this now! Took me a couple of days to learn what counts and what doesn't, but the last few days I've gotten 8 or 9s. The mant thousands of hours collecting and sorting baseball cards in the 70s and 80s serves me well now. This was my lowest rarity score. 

️ Immaculate Grid 155 9/9:

Rarity: 18

IMMACULATE!

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

Play at:

https://immaculategrid.com

@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

55 minutes ago, CMU97 said:

You morons have me hooked on this now! Took me a couple of days to learn what counts and what doesn't, but the last few days I've gotten 8 or 9s. The mant thousands of hours collecting and sorting baseball cards in the 70s and 80s serves me well now. This was my lowest rarity score. 

️ Immaculate Grid 155 9/9:

Rarity: 18

IMMACULATE!

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

Play at:

https://immaculategrid.com

@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Rarity of 18 is impressive.

1 hour ago, Jim Cowan said:

Rarity of 18 is impressive.

Thank you! My highest percentage was chet lemon at 6 or 8%, I probably could have done better with someone like Steve Kemp, Ron LeFlore or Dave Stegman. But of course I thought of all those after Lemon.

25 minutes ago, CMU97 said:

Thank you! My highest percentage was chet lemon at 6 or 8%, I probably could have done better with someone like Steve Kemp, Ron LeFlore or Dave Stegman. But of course I thought of all those after Lemon.

The things you learn playing this game, like Phil Cavarretta, who played a million seasons with the Cubs, never had a 100 RBI season. 

3 hours ago, CMU97 said:

I chose Eddie Williams.  Rarity score = .003%.  I got knocked out early though because I highlighted the wrong square for one of my picks.   I do that often!

3 hours ago, SeattleMike said:

The things you learn playing this game, like Phil Cavarretta, who played a million seasons with the Cubs, never had a 100 RBI season. 

Adrain Beltre had 5 but while he has 3166 hits  - good for 17th all time (18th if Miggy catches him) and 72 o-War for his career - In 21 years he never lead the league in BA, OBP, SLG, OPS, or OPS+.  Just very good every damn year.

Yet another player's career is in jeopardy over domestic violence.

It's good that they are facing consequences, even if it's just woke cancellation, and I suspect many of us are gobsmacked how much of this is coming out now. I can only imagine how common this was before anyone or the media cared about this.

There is no doubt in my mind that if what Kirk Gibson did to a female reporter in the locker room in 1983 happened today, he would have been out of baseball. And I'm sure he is not the only one who got away with stuff back then that would not be tolerated today.