2023 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

Tigeraholic1

5 hours ago, 1776 said:

He and Preller didn’t get along, at all. They weren’t on the same page about anything and it just came to a head. Good for Melvin. He’s a Bay Area native. 

Padres probably saved some money, too, instead of firing him and paying off his remaining contract.  Given their local TV deal and insane payroll, they are probably in penny-pinching mode.

• 2 weeks later...

His glove hand may have been overrated as a shortstop, but I guess his right hand does OK signing checks. The Captain has done a good turn for his old hometown. :classic_smile:

Ripken and Jeter were in Kalamazoo on Tuesday, Nov. 14, to unveil Jeter Family Field and Derek Jeter Field at Kalamazoo Central High School.

The $5 million complex at Jeter’s alma mater was funded by the former Yankee’s Turn 2 Foundation.

Ripken’s foundation, the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation named after his late father, a former MLB manager — was instrumental in helping design and build the new baseball and softball complex.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2023/11/jeter-gives-back-from-hopping-fences-to-building-a-5m-baseball-complex-at-his-alma-mater.html

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

why?  It was fine the way it is. Are they trying to introduce drama? Is a few min per game worth it?

Ultimately I guess I support whatever the players want. The owners?  Don't trust them or their motives.  

Whatever.

Strange move. The clock seemed to be a success. Let's mess around with it!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I don’t know, this may be pushing things too far. If anything, eliminate ghost runners in extra innings 

If they want the stupid ghost runner, bring it in the 11th or 12 inning, not the 10th. 

Or do this:

10th inning runner starts at first.

11th runner starts at 2nd

12 and on runner starts at 3rd

Edited by ben9753