2023 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

Tigeraholic1

On 11/15/2023 at 2:07 PM, CMRivdogs said:

I don’t know, this may be pushing things too far. If anything, eliminate zombie runners in extra innings 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, ben9753 said:

If they want the stupid zombie runner, bring it in the 11th or 12 inning, not the 10th. 

There we go. All fixed. 😉

They are officially named the Athletics.  They were officially the A's from I think 1970-1980, but have always been the Athletics otherwise.  That name has been around for the entirety of the modern major leagues, so I hope it stays the same.  They'll probably come up with some cute new minor league type name though.

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

They are officially named the Athletics.  They were officially the A's from I think 1970-1980, but have always been the Athletics otherwise.  That name has been around for the entirety of the modern major leagues, so I hope it stays the same.  They'll probably come up with some cute new minor league type name though.

The acrobat elephant swinging the bat is the best logo in baseball. They better not lose that! 

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, casimir said:

Can't find the official statistic to prove it, but pitchers never used the inside part of the plate against Kluszewski while he wore this shirt.

Interesting side story: Milt Wilcox once told me a story that **** Allen Always wore sleeves under his jersey because he thought pitchers would be intimidated by his muscles and not pitch to him.  Wilcox also said Allen hit a homerun off of him in old Comisky Park that is still going.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CMU97 said:

Interesting side story: Milt Wilcox once told me a story that **** Allen Always wore sleeves under his jersey because he thought pitchers would be intimidated by his muscles and not pitch to him.  Wilcox also said Allen hit a homerun off of him in old Comisky Park that is still going.

**** Allen stories are the best.  

37 minutes ago, casimir said:

Shouldn't those contributions to the game combined with his stats be hall of fame worthy?

Yes, I think he belongs.  He was like Miguel Cabrera with a shorter career.  Of course, I also wish Cabrera's career was shorter. 

Edited by Tiger337