2023 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

Tigeraholic1

Verlander has a very good shot at 300 Wins.

When Cabrera got 3000 I looked at the list at the time and it looked like nobody active has a chance.  Altuve maybe, if he stays healthy and wants to play longer. 

I am probably in the minority but watching over the hill players chasing counting records doesn't do anything for me especially when it comes at the expense of lifetime rate stats.  Verlander is still good though, so it wouldn't bother me (at least not yet)

Edited by Tiger337

4 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

I take it Jordan Gorosh is Marks son and that explain him being pissy at you

I've met Jordan, and like Jordan. He's mentioned in there because he took Brian's place after the Tigstown guys got him ousted at BYB for the plagiarism.

Mark got pissy at me dating back 20+ years on here and over the years on twitter, I got tired of his poor logic and hot takey logic and ended up blocking him. That crew is really defensive of Sakowski for some reason, and while I admit I take the bashing too far sometimes, it is only because so many have swept a cardinal sin under the rug.

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I've met Jordan, and like Jordan. He's mentioned in there because he took Brian's place after the Tigstown guys got him ousted at BYB for the plagiarism.

Mark got pissy at me dating back 20+ years on here and over the years on twitter, I got tired of his poor logic and hot takey logic and ended up blocking him. That crew is really defensive of Sakowski for some reason, and while I admit I take the bashing too far sometimes, it is only because so many have swept a cardinal sin under the rug.

oh ok..... I saw the name and put two and two together, I remeber Mark being an unpleasant turd on here

54 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

oh ok..... I saw the name and put two and two together, I remeber Mark being an unpleasant turd on here

Yeah I remember sportz being a jerk on the old board many years back and getting banned. I was surprised to find out he’s made some traction as a podcaster?

3 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Yeah I remember sportz being a jerk on the old board many years back and getting banned. I was surprised to find out he’s made some traction as a podcaster?

yeah I dont know how he did it but  he likes to name drop ( lynn henning and Jim Leyland) seems like a jock sniffer to me

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Quote from Dr Andrews:

"These kids are throwing 90 mph their junior year of high school,” he says. “The ligament itself can’t withstand that kind of force. We’ve learned in our research lab that baseball is a developmental sport. The Tommy John ligament matures at about age 26. In high school, the red line where the forces go beyond the tensile properties of the ligament is about 80 mph."

Pretty much blows everything in the world of youth and minor league pitching out of the water right there.

• Like 1

I never understood the lure of youth sports to the extent or sacrificing entire summers in lieu of constant traveling for tournaments and camps and all of that… just to get a scholarship at some mid level school. I’m talking division 2 or 3 l, if NCAA at all. It seems to have become a big thing with my generation raising the kids.   You spent more on the sport and sacrificed more than the scholarship is worth.  Live life. Don’t make your kid spend their childhood on the road. 

as much as I love baseball and playing it as a kid I am not upset my son didn’t care for it if that’s what it takes to be good at a sport today as a youth.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, oblong said:

I never understood the lure of youth sports to the extent or sacrificing entire summers in lieu of constant traveling for tournaments and camps and all of that… just to get a scholarship at some mid level school. I’m talking division 2 or 3 l, if NCAA at all. It seems to have become a big thing with my generation raising the kids.   You spent more on the sport and sacrificed more than the scholarship is worth.  Live life. Don’t make your kid spend their childhood on the road. 

as much as I love baseball and playing it as a kid I am not upset my son didn’t care for it if that’s what it takes to be good at a sport today as a youth.  

Live life and do what, play video games? Striving for something, anything, is living life, and those lessons, even if you fail and come up short, are invaluable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longgone said:

Live life and do what, play video games? Striving for something, anything, is living life, and those lessons, even if you fail and come up short, are invaluable.

Striving for something is great if you are doing something that you love.  Video games are not my thing, but studies have show that they do develop skills that can be useful in life.  Travel sports are probably great for some kids too.  I think for most youth, the pressure of obsessing over one sport is not the best experience especially if it's under the supervision of over ambitious adults.  Playing a variety of different sports and other activities is probably a better experience for most.