2023 Detroit Tigers Regular Season Discussion Thread

oblong

23 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

if rosters expand on Sept 1, and they recall Maton, I think they avoid burning his last option. same thing happened earlier this year when he went to Toledo for 2 weeks. So they may end up with an option to use next year. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Nope. It is 20 days total, and he will eclipse that tomorrow. He will be OOO next year, unless there is some mysterious fourth option that Short and Nevin were able to use this year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Nope. It is 20 days total, and he will eclipse that tomorrow. He will be OOO next year, unless there is some mysterious fourth option that Short and Nevin were able to use this year.

So do you think in Harris's mind he is not in the planning for 2024 and beyond ?

19 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

So do you think in Harris's mind he is not in the planning for 2024 and beyond ?

just not optionable; if he just put up a 725 OPS vs RHP, he would stay in Det as a solid bench piece.

should survive all Winter; needs to beat out McKinstry and Wenceel Perez next Spring

Edited by RatkoVarda

18 hours ago, Toddwert said:

I dont like Him and CMo but that was hardly anything to get worked up over must be a slow week

My reply is probably better suited for the Media Meltdowns thread in the Political Forum, but I'll just say it here anyway: this is one of those stories put out by that particular outlet that centers around nutpicking Twitter rando comments and trying to create news out of it. And this isn't the first time they've done it (though, to be fair, they aren't the only one who does it either, although it seems like they do it more than other large outlets)

It's garbage journalism, but they know what they are doing when they are doing it, and it works for their business model.

Edited by mtutiger

Look who has an active LinkedIn page!

image.thumb.png.3ba5cfc0c723358e883855406a17c17e.png

If this baseball thing doesn't work out, perhaps he could return to ****'s or Publix as a fallback. Who knows, maybe his Microsoft Office skills could score him a store manager position! Or at the very least assistant manager! 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

My reply is probably better suited for the Media Meltdowns thread in the Political Forum, but I'll just say it here anyway: this is one of those stories put out by that particular outlet that centers around nutpicking Twitter rando comments and trying to create news out of it. And this isn't the first time they've done it (though, to be fair, they aren't the only one who does it either, although it seems like they do it more than other large outlets)

It's garbage journalism, but they know what they are doing when they are doing it, and it works for their business model.

Right. And this random nobody woman was quoted in many stories even though almost all the replies to her post disagree with her. 

https://x.com/jensplain/status/1693362985224355842?s=61&t=don8lQTnTq5FKXq14p2GMw

By the way, can we no longer embed X posts so we see more than just the link address, or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by lordstanley

9 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Right. And this random nobody woman was quoted in many stories even though almost all the replies to her post disagree with her. 

https://x.com/jensplain/status/1693362985224355842?s=61&t=don8lQTnTq5FKXq14p2GMw

By the way, can we no longer embed X posts so we see more than just the link address, or am I doing something wrong?

If you are on mobile then you have to hit return after pasting it in.

• Like 1