SCOTUS and whatnot

pfife

7 hours ago, romad1 said:

Honestly, I see pitchbot in light of the NYT's cranky behavior toward Biden as less funny anymore.  NYT may be the newspaper of the NYC literate class but its also a mouthpiece for the oligarchy that desperately wants to get those Trump era tax breaks and benefits for landlords reasserted. 

I don't see it quite that way. I think the NYT's issues with Biden stem less from 1%er economic concerns (a lot of the NYT crowd are the 1%ers who are willing to pay taxes...) than from a sense of entitlement to a special place at the table in any Democratic admin, and for whatever combination of history and circumstance, they aren't getting it from Biden and they don't like it. And Biden doesn't seem to care that they don't like it, which they like even less.

Edited by gehringer_2

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't see it quite that way. I think the NYT's issues with Biden stem less from 1%er economic concerns (a lot of the NYT crowd are the 1%ers who are willing to pay taxes...) than from a sense of entitlement to a special place at the table in any Democratic admin, and for whatever combination of history and circumstance, they aren't getting it from Biden and they don't like it. And Biden doesn't seem to care that they don't like it, which they like even less.

Maggie Haberman being a house organ for Trump corporation doesn't help.

They are missing out on a huge opportunity by not doing a SCOTUS summer break reality show.

I want the details on the Crow/Thomas getaway at an exotic resort,  the fun interactions between the Alito’s and their beach house neighbors, and everyone can’t wait to see Kavanaugh and Squee crush brewskis at their high school reunion.    This seems right up Mark Burnett’s alley.  

On 6/14/2024 at 6:55 AM, RatkoVarda said:

to the surprise of no one, it appears that Thomas still has not reported all his trips with his Sugar Daddy.

The picture might reflect the most IDGAF face I have ever seen.

On 6/14/2024 at 5:48 AM, romad1 said:

We should expect a lot of crazy to happen between now and Monday with the court winding down for this session.

This link presents a very interesting set of headlines.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court

The only two outcomes I can envision are (1) punt the decision to after the election; or (2) write a super narrow decision that can apply only to Trump in this specific situation, while urging Congress to write legislation to deal with future cases. Which way they end up going will come down not to established precedent, or constitutional interpretation, or anything stupid like that, but a calculation of which one will provide maximum benefit to their patron while minimizing public blowback on themselves so they can maintain whatever veneer they have remaining.