SCOTUS and whatnot

pfife

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Well maybe this needs to stop. 

I don't know what to say, but if people are pissed off about this, they need to look forward and not backward. Looking backward gets you nowhere.

Give people here a chance to grieve a little, would you please? There will be plenty of time for looking forward afterwards.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Possibly the only fig leaf I've seen so far, although I don't trust Kav at all 

the fact that Kav needs to write this shows 1) he knows that plenty of state will try it (and are trying it now) and 2) he knows some current justices will support that insanity

38 minutes ago, chasfh said:

On the other hand, this may energize women otherwise in the middle to move off the sidelines. We'll see ...

of course if women in America had any kind of solidarity on the issue there wouldn't be a GOP office holder anywhere in the country, so there's that.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

of course if women in America had any kind of solidarity on the issue there wouldn't be a GOP office holder anywhere in the country, so there's that.

It's not even that there's a lack of solidarity, the majority of the country didn't want this to happen.... it's just that one side of the issue is far more united (and issue driven) than the other. 

Put another way, there are far more people who vote purely on conservative culture issues than liberal ones.

I hate single issue voting as much as the next guy, but that's probably what it takes to actually match or exceed the intensity of the other side of this issue. Sad to say, but it's the reality.

Kavanaugh is being empathetic.  He's thinking of those males who get drunk and then date rape a woman they just met and get her pregnant.  He wants them to be able to send the woman to another state to get an abortion.    

Edited by Tiger337

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

So…. It’s women’s fault.  How are they getting impregnated? As far as I’ve heard, there’s only been one immaculate conception.

At this rate, The Handmaid’s Tale novel, however, will need to be moved from the fiction category sooner than expected.

That said, I am not ready to prepare our daughters, nieces, granddaughters to accept second class citizenship. I will be fighting for them. As should you.

Women don't really need to go out of state to go to a clinic for a surgical abortion procedure, right? Over half of abortions are by medication, some of which can be mail-ordered, so really, it's about getting a hold of the medication, isn't it?

Just now, chasfh said:

Women don't really need to go out of state to go to a clinic for a surgical abortion procedure, right? Over half of abortions are by medication, some of which can be mail-ordered, so really, it's about getting a hold of the medication, isn't it?

Until they pass laws that can/will identify prescription holders and then prosecute them for murder. 
Far-fetched?

You know it isn’t