SCOTUS and whatnot

pfife

Pelosi can hold a vote to codify them, it will likely pass the house like the abortion bill did, and go to the senate where it will be DOA by either Manchin, Sinema, or both. Progressive will then blame Pelosi even though it passed the house and whine that Democrats aren't doing anything and why should I vote even though along the way 95% of Democrats supported codification and 0 Republicans supported codification. 

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

end up? always has been. that's been cooked into the cultural genes of patriarchy since Java man.

How about women having a contract and just as the sex is about to happen - Here, Sign this, it means that if I get pregnant and can't get an abortion, you have to raise the child and pay for everything child related...........make it a binding contract.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

How about women having a contract and just as the sex is about to happen - Here, Sign this, it means that if I get pregnant and can't get an abortion, you have to raise the child and pay for everything child related...........make it a binding contract.  

Supreme Court will rule against the law that makes that contract legal by a vote of 6-3.

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

We're basically looked at now as a 3rd world country with a struggling democracy. 

Boris Johnson, of all people, said that he was appalled by the decision.

At a time when even South America and Mexico (comprised of deeply Catholic countries) are easing access restrictions to abortions, we are heading in the other direction.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yeah, I don't see why there's virtue in not being concerned or upset by this ruling. It's gonna have long lasting ramifications.

It isn't so much virtue in not being concerned, but getting stressed out accomplishes what exactly. I know who to vote for to try to keep women safe in elections and will do what I can.

But my doomscrolling comment was more that I didn't want to see either the anger or the right wing celebrations. Back to my nephews after their nap time...

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

It isn't so much virtue in not being concerned, but getting stressed out accomplishes what exactly. I know who to vote for to try to keep women safe in elections and will do what I can.

But my doomscrolling comment was more that I didn't want to see either the anger or the right wing celebrations. Back to my nephews after their nap time...

OK, I'm on the same page with you there

The problem with black market abortion drugs is this.    There are some truly evil people out there that make these things, that are not overseen and could market it as an abortion pill and even make it look like it's an abortion pill.     This happens with opiates,  people think they are buying vicodin from the dark web but this "vicodin" was made with something else and made to look like the real thing,  often with fentanyl in it.    That's what happened to Prince.  He got illegal opioids, not knowing there was fentanyl in it and took his typical dose, which was higher than most since he was an addict.     That'll happen here too.    Buying a medication on the black market online is just a death wish.      Even a heroin dealer is usually smart enough to not sell something that will kill their customers, they want them coming back.   Online dealers don't care, they can't be traced and are constantly changing identities.  

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The problem with black market abortion drugs is this.    There are some truly evil people out there that make these things, that are not overseen and could market it as an abortion pill and even make it look like it's an abortion pill.     This happens with opiates,  people think they are buying vicodin from the dark web but this "vicodin" was made with something else and made to look like the real thing,  often with fentanyl in it.    That's what happened to Prince.  He got illegal opioids, not knowing there was fentanyl in it and took his typical dose, which was higher than most since he was an addict.     That'll happen here too.    Buying a medication on the black market online is just a death wish.      Even a heroin dealer is usually smart enough to not sell something that will kill their customers, they want them coming back.   Online dealers don't care, they can't be traced and are constantly changing identities.  

True, but it probably won't be quite like buying garage lab Fentanyl. More like a grey market than a. black one. These are pill preps already in standard use around the world and probably in many US states where abortion will remain legal. I imagine they will be available for order via internet and shipped by suppliers like generics manufacturers in India that are fully certified for export by the FDA but beyond the reach of any US state law.

Edited by gehringer_2