SCOTUS and whatnot

pfife

35 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Many pro life folks like myself view the dead babies as a holocaust so there is that.

Correct, but if we are not to live in a theocracy people must respect the right of others to believe that is not the case. 

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Correct, but if we are not to live in a theocracy people must respect the right of others to believe that is not the case. 

do you respect his views?  didnt you post earlier about all the anti abortion people just being old men who have hang ups about sex and controlling women?  if that wasnt you then i apologize.

Just now, buddha said:

do you respect his views?  didnt you post earlier about all the anti abortion people just being old men who have hang ups about sex and controlling women?  if that wasnt you then i apologize.

I respect his views and he's absolutely free to not take part in an abortion and no one is forcing his wife/gf to get an abortion. Unfortunately, people with his views are forcing women to birth children that may kill them. 

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I respect his views and he's absolutely free to not take part in an abortion and no one is forcing his wife/gf to get an abortion. Unfortunately, people with his views are forcing women to birth children that may kill them. 

and im sure he would argue that people with your views have allowed the slaughter of millions of innocent babies.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

and im sure he would argue that people with your views have allowed the slaughter of millions of innocent babies.

Innocent babies that somehow don't have the rights as babies. As soon as a woman is pregnant, the state should issue a birth certificate and she should be able to claim that baby on income tax. Anyways, I would argue that an embryo isn't an innocent baby. 

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Innocent babies that somehow don't have the rights as babies. As soon as a woman is pregnant, the state should issue a birth certificate and she should be able to claim that baby on income tax. Anyways, I would argue that an embryo isn't an innocent baby. 

when do you think it becomes a baby?  when its born and the mother can claim it on her tax return?

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

How come women can't get life insurance policies on these babies? Or claim them as dependents on their income tax?

https://www.genre.com/knowledge/blog/unborn-child-insurance-how-early-can-coverage-begin-en.html

you can in some countries.  so that obviously proves its a baby before its born.  or maybe its just a baby in asia before its born?  hoisted by your own petard.

16 minutes ago, buddha said:

I would argue that people with his views would allow moms in some situations to die.

Any consideration there at all?

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

https://www.genre.com/knowledge/blog/unborn-child-insurance-how-early-can-coverage-begin-en.html

you can in some countries.  so that obviously proves its a baby before its born.  or maybe its just a baby in asia before its born?  hoisted by your own petard.

Republicans making the US more like China. You really got me there. 

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

i would argue that "my body my choice" makes the baby secondary to the debate, which is also sad.

Unless I'm following a different debate than you are, the baby has never been secondary to this debate in the real world. Or at least where I live. It is the beginning and the end. 

The hard questions, they grey area, how it effects the health of the mom,  those questions all get ignored. They are secondary

Edited by mtutiger

42 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Unless I'm following a different debate than you are, the baby has never been secondary to this debate in the real world. Or at least where I live. It is the beginning and the end. 

The hard questions, they grey area, how it effects the health of the mom,  those questions all get ignored. They are secondary

of course both are important.  no offense, its you that keeps bringing up alternative scenarios and "what ifs" and counter arguments to everything i say.

ive said a number of times what i think in this thread and you have said you agree with me, so im not sure what youre getting at with this.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

That's not all the Democrats position. They aren't forcing anyone to get an abortion. 

nope.  youre totally china.

what does the chinese tax code say about babies?  since you think the us tax code is so relevant?  

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

nope.  youre totally china.

what does the chinese tax code say about babies?  since you think the us tax code is so relevant?  

For the record I do not believe a fetus should be claimed as a dependent. That just seems like the next logical step if you consider it a baby and consider it murder punishable by life in prison or worse for having an abortion. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

For the record I do not believe a fetus should be claimed as a dependent. That just seems like the next logical step if you consider it a baby and consider it murder punishable by life in prison or worse for having an abortion. 

so you dont actually think a matter of "when life begins" should be determined by the insurance industry or the vagueries of the american tax code?  phew.

when do you think it becomes a "baby" worthy of protection?  if a third party kills a pregnant woman, the person can face murder charges for the unborn baby.  you ok with that?  

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

of course both are important.  no offense, its you that keeps bringing up alternative scenarios and "what ifs" and counter arguments to everything i say.

ive said a number of times what i think in this thread and you have said you agree with me, so im not sure what youre getting at with this.

It’s basically the same argument I heard Trumpers use “what ifs”

open borders/ no abortions

750k Dirty Illegals/ 750K bound to fail babies

The illegals will suck off the welfare system/ The babies will suck off welfare system

We can’t stop the libs because the system is rigged/ Can’t stop the Red Hats because the system is rigged