SCOTUS and whatnot

pfife

40 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It may energize the D base, but I'm pessimistic it does much to energize voters in the middle, so I'm not sure it is actually going to create much anti-conservative backlash where it would matter.

On the other hand, this may energize women otherwise in the middle to move off the sidelines. We'll see ...

There are a lot of people I'd blame before the Sanders left for this.

1) The Justices who voted to overturn 

2) Trump

3) Trump Voters

4) Federalist Society

5) Senators who confirmed these justices

6) Republicans

7) GW Bush

8 ) G HW Bush

Blaming the Sanders left is letting all of these folks off the hook.

Edited by pfife
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I can see it now............Buses that will take women to a state that allows abortions being pulled over and women being removed from the buses.   Just you wait.  

I already apologized to my wife for dogging on one of her favorite shows by calling the plot of The Handmaid’s Tale dumb and completely ridiculous. 

Edited by Hongbit

What a country we live in where the loser gets to be elected President, on two separate occasions, and gets to appoint 5 Supreme Court Justices between the two losers. I think the Super Bowl and Stanley Cup should start going to the losing teams from now on since something as important as the US Presidency does.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pfife said:

2) Trump

3) Trump Voters

4) Federalist Society

6) Republicans

7) GW Bush

8 ) G HW Bush

You had me at Federalist Society ...

8 minutes ago, pfife said:

2) Trump

3) Trump Voters

4) Federalist Society

6) Republicans

7) GW Bush

8 ) G HW Bush

WRONG.  Because all those you listed always told you they'd do this if they could and Bernie voters who sat out let this happen, even though the other candidate, who they didn't like, voted the same in every social platform as Bernie did in the Senate.    

I didn't like Mike Dukasis, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, Walter Mondale very much, but I voted for them.  Each one of those years my primary candidate didn't get the nomination but I didn't act like a fucking baby and sit out.  

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This because someone who was outvoted by over 3 million votes, won an election in this "democracy" of ours. 

It's funny that the same group of people that steam over participation trophies being handed out support the ultimate participation trophy in the Electoral College.

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

WRONG.  Because all those you listed always told you they'd do this if they could and Bernie voters who sat out let this happen, even though the other candidate, who they didn't like, voted the same in every social platform as Bernie did in the Senate.    

I didn't like Mike Dukasis, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, Walter Mondale very much, but I voted for them.  Each one of those years my primary candidate didn't get the nomination but I didn't act like a fucking baby and sit out.  

Yeah but only Hillary said super predator 25 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Reasonable minds can differ.   I think a murderer should be responsible for their murders even if he said he was going to murder beforehand. 

Just now, mtutiger said:

The blame game is old.... if people feel strongly about this, they just need to get out and vote accordingly.

Well it's too late now, since overturning the supreme court is going to take at lease a full generation.     The blame game is important here, for us not to hopefully repeat this sitting out nonsene. 

I hope every man that champions this, who has paid for an abortion gets exposed.   You know a lot of those cheering this have done that in the past.   It won't really matter, but it would be nice to expose them

And how about another law.   If a woman claims she wanted an abortion but could not legally get one, now the seed donor must be forced to raise the kid alone.   Think that'll happen? 

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There are a lot of progressives who are whining that Democrats haven't done enough despite the slim senate and are just going to sit it out. 

Well maybe this needs to stop. 

I don't know what to say, but if people are pissed off about this, they need to look forward and not backward. Looking backward gets you nowhere.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But we could have neutralized them by not sitting it out.    Nice temper tantrum by Bernie voters, it sure helped our country.   

This argument always seems like it comes off as Democrats being entitled to Bernie votes.   I'm not sure why that implicit assumption exists.   I'm far to the left of the Democrats, and I'm a former Nader 2000 voter.   It didn't matter in Michigan in 2000 that I voted for Nader, but I learned from that election and have been an anti-Republican voter ever since, which means I vote for Democrats.   

However, this is a choice I've made and at no point should anyone feel that because I'm on the left I *should* vote for Democrats.  If people choose different than me so be it.   That they chose to do so doesn't relieve those who actually worked to overturn this of the blame for their work to overturn this merely because they said they were going to do it.  

I don't understand why the argument assumes two things:  Democrats entitlement to the left vote, and no culpability to the perps merely because they said beforehand they were gonna perp.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Progressive Twitter is already blaming Democrats. I have no hope for this country. 

I don't give a shit what Progressive Twitter is doing. Twitter ain't votes.

If the populace is pissed off, they need to vote accordingly.