2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

On 10/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, MIguy said:

Avoiding any type of post season ban, especially this season would be nice but it's certainly not going to clean the stink off the program.  Also, there is little doubt in my mind that the NCAA would vacate the previous two seasons, wiping out two Big 10 titles and wins against Ohio State.  

Is that really going to make any difference in the court of public perception, though? Nobody remembers the vacations, but they remember the titles and the wins over OSU.

10 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I think the degree to which this links to the hack of U-M systems in August is of great interest.

I thought about this this morning. I sincerely doubt they're related. All the information I've heard on the hack leans towards that being an incredibly sophisticated foreign hack. In the most recent correspondence sent on it, it said that certain information for certain people was compromised and that they would be contacted.

That said, this turning on its head and some low-level staffer at Ohio State getting charged with felony computer crimes over this would be the greatest plot twist since The Sixth Sense.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I thought about this this morning. I sincerely doubt they're related. All the information I've heard on the hack leans towards that being an incredibly sophisticated foreign hack. In the most recent correspondence sent on it, it said that certain information for certain people was compromised and that they would be contacted.

That said, this turning on its head and some low-level staffer at Ohio State getting charged with felony computer crimes over this would be the greatest plot twist since The Sixth Sense.

I think the “third party investigator” is where i’m thinking for the hack of the shared drive. 

If he did this...if Ryan Day hired a PI firm to investigate Michigan and had them hack our computers...that will surpass a bunch of MSU punks in the Michigan tunnel thrashing our players as dark moments in our various rivalries.  

The MGOBLOG poster "Sopwith" who appears to have some detail on this matter -- and apparently sent source details to the blog managers, and other various M folks who are investigating appear to be coalescing around Stalions being a rich kid who spent a lot of Dad's money to support his nutty plan to take over Michigan football.  I recommend checking this out:  https://mgoblog.com/comment/245024847#comment-245024847

On 10/27/2023 at 6:29 AM, romad1 said:

If he did this...if Ryan Day hired a PI firm to investigate Michigan and had them hack our computers...that will surpass a bunch of MSU punks in the Michigan tunnel thrashing our players as dark moments in our various rivalries.  

The MGOBLOG poster "Sopwith" who appears to have some detail on this matter -- and apparently sent source details to the blog managers, and other various M folks who are investigating appear to be coalescing around Stalions being a rich kid who spent a lot of Dad's money to support his nutty plan to take over Michigan football.  I recommend checking this out:  https://mgoblog.com/comment/245024847#comment-245024847

The rumors and speculation from UM fans is that Ryan Day hired an outside firm to hack UM computers while OSU fans are claiming the opposite that former UM coach Matt Weiss was fired for hacking into OSU computers.  Will be interesting to see how much truth there is to any of these rumors.

Either way,  these along with pretty much anything that @romad1 has posted on this subject are all distractions from the undeniable fact that a UM coaching staff member committed a violation by videotaping other teams in person. This can’t be defended it.  It happened.     How much it made a difference in games, how many other teams do things similar,  how much the NCAA has it out for Harbaugh and Michigan, are all UM folks trying to deflect attention away from yet another violation committed by the program under Harbaugh’s leadership.

Edited by Hongbit

9 hours ago, Hongbit said:

The rumors and speculation from UM fans is that Ryan Day hired an outside firm to hack UM computers while OSU fans are claiming the opposite that former UM coach Matt Weiss was fired for hacking into OSU computers.  Will be interesting to see how much truth there is to any of these rumors.

Either way,  these along with pretty much anything that @romad1 has posted on this subject are all distractions from the undeniable fact that a UM coaching staff member committed a violation by videotaping other teams in person. This can’t be defended it.  It happened.     How much it made a difference in games, how many other teams do things similar,  how much the NCAA has it out for Harbaugh and Michigan, are all UM folks trying to deflect attention away from yet another violation committed by the program under Harbaugh’s leadership.

i'm surprised you were able to post this while protesting at midfield during the cal game.  multitasking.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

NFL Teams that Jim Harbaugh is watchin VERY closely

1. Raiders

2. Chargers

3. Bears

4. Commanders

5. Cowboys

take the raiders off the list, they just hired mcdaniels.  cowboys too.  no way jerry is bringing in a coach who isnt a yes man.

san diego and washington are good bets.  the bears are too stupid to hire a good coach like harbaugh.  the bears are going to win 6-7 games and proclaim progress and keep their coaching staff.  you watch.

harbaugh to san diego makes too much sense.