2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

9 hours ago, buddha said:

take the raiders off the list, they just hired mcdaniels.  cowboys too.  no way jerry is bringing in a coach who isnt a yes man.

san diego and washington are good bets.  the bears are too stupid to hire a good coach like harbaugh.  the bears are going to win 6-7 games and proclaim progress and keep their coaching staff.  you watch.

harbaugh to san diego makes too much sense.

McDaniels is in serious trouble and it's only going to get seriouser after what's about to happen to the Raiders Monday night. 

I know seriouser is not a word. 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

McDaniels is in serious trouble and it's only going to get seriouser after what's about to happen to the Raiders Monday night. 

I know seriouser is not a word. 

serious trouble according to whom?  they're still paying gruden and mark davis is a dumbass.  this is the guy who brought gruden back from broadcasting with a ridiculous contract and gave the keys to the franchise to mike mayock.  he's obviously easily impressed by shiny objects and people who sound good on television.

mcdaniels should be fired because he never should have been hired in the first place.  firing him would be the smartest thing the raiders have done since...well...that's the problem.

it could happen, but i would be surprised.

8 minutes ago, MIguy said:

Anyone still saying this sign stealing fiasco is a nothingburger?  

Coordinated information operation you can't ignore combined with enough smoke to keep the less-invested dancing to the tune of the information operator.   Jim Jordan himself couldn't ignore this. 

1 hour ago, MIguy said:

Anyone still saying this sign stealing fiasco is a nothingburger?  

yes, but they need to have something to talk about so here we are.  what would normally be a small level violation is being blown into something crazy because its michigan/harbaugh and someone has hired a private investigation firm to release this information in small doses to keep the story going.

i'm still wondering who actually hited the PI?  i have a feeling its coming from inside the program.  i cant imagine another school would actually do it.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

yes, but they need to have something to talk about so here we are.  what would normally be a small level violation is being blown into something crazy because its michigan/harbaugh and someone has hired a private investigation firm to release this information in small doses to keep the story going.

i'm still wondering who actually hited the PI?  i have a feeling its coming from inside the program.  i cant imagine another school would actually do it.

You didn't see the story about Chris Day, former DEA agent who works for a NH-based PI firm who happens to be Ryan Day's brother.  The firm involved is supposed to be NH-based. 

So, the non-confirmed data points are that:

1. there is a firm in NH that Ryan Day's brother works for. 

2. the firm involved is based in NH.  

My source is Sam Webb.  Make of that what you will. 

11 minutes ago, romad1 said:

You didn't see the story about Chris Day, former DEA agent who works for a NH-based PI firm who happens to be Ryan Day's brother.  The firm involved is supposed to be NH-based. 

So, the non-confirmed data points are that:

1. there is a firm in NH that Ryan Day's brother works for. 

2. the firm involved is based in NH.  

My source is Sam Webb.  Make of that what you will. 

Very interesting discussion about this... one of the MGOBLOG posters has this...

I have about a dozen pending FOIA requests with OSU to see if Day was dumb enough to do this through the university.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Would you like to identify what he's been accused of? 

Harbaugh doesn't seem the type to out and out cheat, but he's eccentric enough he may have persuaded himself that since scouting was a long held practice that hadn't been illegal in his era, there is nothing wrong with it today, or the alternative is that he was oblivious to what Stalion had going. Until I see something that shows Harbaugh knew what was going on, I think that is most probably the case. But from the enforcement standpoint, that doesn't matter because if he didn't know then you get the 'lack of institutional control' hammer, which can be one of the heavier ones.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Harbaugh doesn't seem the type to out and out cheat, but he's eccentric enough he may have persuaded himself that since scouting was a long held practice that hadn't been illegal in his era, there is nothing wrong with it today, or the alternative is that he was oblivious to what Stalion had going. Until I see something that shows Harbaugh knew what was going on, I think that is most probably the case. But from the enforcement standpoint, that doesn't matter because if he didn't know then you get the 'lack of institutional control' hammer, which can be one of the heavier ones.

Reading the tea leaves has been interesting today.   I am of the opinion that he could just as easily lean into this.