2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The thing that may be different now is that Ono is sort a big sports guy (witness his support of the program upgrades at Cincy) - certainly way more so than Schlissel or Mary Sue were. I don't think Manuel is running quite so unsupervised anymore. What kind of difference that makes is an unknown unknown. The BOR is also full of professional litigators, which might lead to a more aggressive legal approach.

i mean, if were gonna cheat we might as well go all the way and join the cheatinist league that ever cheated.

2 hours ago, MIguy said:

I don't like how Michigan fans here are trying to downplay this as if Michigan didn't do anything wrong, or at least anything that everybody else isn't doing.  

The escalation from this will incredible.  U-Michigan has satellites. 

5 hours ago, romad1 said:

I had thought people had backtracked from the PI firm having ties to Ryan Day's family story.  Be fun if that were true.  

Lol.   You can only blame the accuser if it turns out the allegations weren’t true!
Thats not up for debate here.  Nobody can deny that Stallions did it.   It doesn’t matter who turned him in for being the main cog in a 3 year cheating campaign.  

Whether its here, on talk radio, or friends and family,  The UM groupthink on is topic is bordering on embarrassing.  I’m surprised there aren’t more proud alums coming out and saying they don’t condone and won’t defend behavior that is frankly far below the high level that the program prides itself on.  

2 hours ago, MIguy said:

I don't like how Michigan fans here are trying to downplay this as if Michigan didn't do anything wrong, or at least anything that everybody else isn't doing.  

It's a cult, man.     I'm a Michigan fan too and I think they are guilty as hell and need to be punished for it.    I think both OSU wins are frauds now and the only way I stop believing that is if they beat OSU this year.   

Harbaugh's going to the Raiders.   They're gonna spend a whole bunch of money to win the press conference again.       

I also believe other teams do similar things, but maybe not to the degree of Michigan

Stealing signs during the course of a game is fair to me.  Joe Mauer standing on 2nd base stealing Tigers catcher signs - fine by me,  Joe's part of the game.    But this elaborate stuff going on here is just awful.    I think it's a dumb rule, but it is a rule and they knew it was.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

I work in the same building as the sports station in Ann Arbor and some of the folks there are in total denial.   It's like how devout Catholics learning about what those awful priests were doing and just absolutely refusing to believe it - and smearing and attacking the victims.      Same mentality at play.      People follow these teams like religions.    I'm a fan but not like that.  

• Like 1

I like to think that Stalions went rogue and nobody asked him how he was getting the information he had but he wasn't buying all these tickets with his 55k a year salary so obviously someone higher up was getting him the cash he needed.  

Edited by MIguy

43 minutes ago, MIguy said:

I like to think that Stalions went rogue and nobody asked him how he was getting the information he had but he obviously wasn't buying all these tickets with his 55k a year salary so obviously someone higher up was getting him the cash he needed.  

You know his dad is loaded. 

16 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The best defense is a strong offense. Don't deny, own it! Goodbye, Mr. Brightside. Tomorrow night? 100,000 belting out this ... 99 out of 100 on the entertainment-meter.

Mr. Brightside is emblematic of the bottomless pit of despair.  Its always lurking.  Its part of the illusion that each of us has freewill and is a person with agency.  

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Life long Michigan fan, former season ticket holder. They did it and should have some form of punishment.

Not sure how severe it should be. But not all of us are in denial.

who is in denial?  lol.

harbaugh hires a guy to steal signs.  cool.  that's outside the box/nfl thinking.  he should do that (everyone else steals signs too, dont kid yourself.  even pristine programs like u$c.)

being harbaugh, his small attention span means he doesnt vet the guy (and he's a rich booster's kid whose daddy paid for access for years) so he's not paying attention to the day to day.  kid goes rogue and violates stupid rules.  but they're rules nonetheless.  

normally it would be a low level violation but this is michigan so its turned into a federal case.

harbaugh will face punishment because he's in charge and its on his watch.  michigan too.  normally it would be a low level punishment.  because its michigan it will be a future suspension for harbaugh and a postseason ban for michigan.

you broke the rules, you get punished.  that's how it goes.  michigan cant complain too hard with that.  if they punish them THIS year, that will be unprecedented and michigan will have reason to be pissed.

i'd love to see them leave the conference if that happens, but they wont.  at the end of the day michigan is a bunch of institutionalists and conservative.  gheyre going nowhere.

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

who is in denial?  lol.

harbaugh hires a guy to steal signs.  cool.  that's outside the box/nfl thinking.  he should do that (everyone else steals signs too, dont kid yourself.  even pristine programs like u$c.)

being harbaugh, his small attention span means he doesnt vet the guy (and he's a rich booster's kid whose daddy paid for access for years) so he's not paying attention to the day to day.  kid goes rogue and violates stupid rules.  but they're rules nonetheless.  

normally it would be a low level violation but this is michigan so its turned into a federal case.

harbaugh will face punishment because he's in charge and its on his watch.  michigan too.  normally it would be a low level punishment.  because its michigan it will be a future suspension for harbaugh and a postseason ban for michigan.

you broke the rules, you get punished.  that's how it goes.  michigan cant complain too hard with that.  if they punish them THIS year, that will be unprecedented and michigan will have reason to be pissed.

i'd love to see them leave the conference if that happens, but they wont.  at the end of the day michigan is a bunch of institutionalists and conservative.  gheyre going nowhere.

I'm tracking all of this.  I could live with all of this.  Even if they prove somehow that Harbaugh knew or condoned it.  Proof, MFers.  This ain't no last days of the 3rd Reich with flying tribunals rendering battlefield justice.