2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

Just now, romad1 said:

I'm tracking all of this.  I could live with all of this.  Even if they prove somehow that Harbaugh knew or condoned it.  Proof, MFers.  This ain't no last days of the 3rd Reich with flying tribunals rendering battlefield justice.

i live for romad's historical analogies.

27 minutes ago, buddha said:

the best thing about this thread is that romad has trolled you guys so hard and you dont even realize it.

the trolls have been trolled.

chef's kiss.

Hardly

This is as stupid a thought as Ryan Day is going to be busted for breaking federal hacking laws.   

Edited by Hongbit

42 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Hardly

This is as stupid a thought as Ryan Day is going to be busted for breaking federal hacking laws.   

hey, if i were being trolled so effectively i'd try to deny it and play too cool for school too.

romad is playing you all like a fiddle.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

harbaugh will face punishment because he's in charge and its on his watch

Maybe. We don't know if Harbaugh  hired him or if he reported to Harbaugh. In theory JH could still skate depending on how many layers of management insulation there are between. Two would probably be enough.

36 minutes ago, buddha said:

hey, if i were being trolled so effectively i'd try to deny it and play too cool for school too.

romad is playing you all like a fiddle.

Nope.

You’d go ad hom like you’ve been doing for 20 years when you don’t have a real argument.    

3 tough games in a row starting next weekend and all without their advanced in game cheating mechanisms.  If Jim loses 2 of them and misses the playoff, that groundswell of support from the maize and blue tinfoils will quickly turn into pitchforks.  

It’s going to be quite a fun watch from here on out.   I’m rooting for Karma.   

7 hours ago, Hongbit said:

3 tough games in a row starting next weekend and all without their advanced in game cheating mechanisms.  If Jim loses 2 of them and misses the playoff, that groundswell of support from the maize and blue tinfoils will quickly turn into pitchforks.  

It’s going to be quite a fun watch from here on out.   I’m rooting for Karma.   

Maryland's a tough game? 

8 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Nope.

You’d go ad hom like you’ve been doing for 20 years when you don’t have a real argument.    

isnt there a u$c forum you can visit?  you've spent 20 years coming here just to talk **** about a team you dont root for, just to get other people mad.  give me a break with your pearl clutching.

if you cant take people teasing you about being trolled, perhaps you should stop trolling everyone else?

• Thanks 1

Just now, buddha said:

isnt there a u$c forum you can visit?  you've spent 20 years coming here just to talk **** about a team you dont root for, just to get other people mad.  give me a break with your pearl clutching.

if you cant take people teasing you about being trolled, perhaps you should stop trolling everyone else?

You’ve been using “Pearl Clutching” a lot  recently.   It’s sexist and misogynistic term and something you may want to rethink using next time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIguy said:

With all the trash the Purdue coach has been talking, it's going to be hilarious when Michigan doesn't take a knee with a minute left in the game being up by 30+ points.

My dream is Michigan up 63-21 over OSU late, and on an OSU possession Michigan calls timeouts to get the ball back to hang 70 on them. 

12 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Maybe. We don't know if Harbaugh  hired him or if he reported to Harbaugh. In theory JH could still skate depending on how many layers of management insulation there are between. Two would probably be enough.

Even if Harbaugh didn’t know, there should be enough of a hierarchy and oversight that coaches below him knew. If Harbaugh doesn’t have that structure in place, that’s negligent. Like if assembly line workers were running an illegal betting ring out of the factory lunchroom. If there really had been rumours around the conference for two years about this, surely word got back to someone on the Michigan staff and at best they chose to look the other way. They could have nipped it in the bud and been able to control the narrative. 

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Even if Harbaugh didn’t know, there should be enough of a hierarchy and oversight that coaches below him knew. If Harbaugh doesn’t have that structure in place, that’s negligent. Like if assembly line workers were running an illegal betting ring out of the factory lunchroom. If there really had been rumours around the conference for two years about this, surely word got back to someone on the Michigan staff and at best they chose to look the other way. They could have nipped it in the bud and been able to control the narrative. 

true, but the way the world works is that people with layers below them are generally innately sympathetic to other people with layers below them and since those are the people that make liability decisions, assignment of responsibility upward in our society in generally is weak, and I tend to believe JH will probably be a beneficiary of general situation. And to go back your example, I think it would be unlikely any plant manager in the US would be fired if a bunch guys on his factory floor got busted, unless his profitability was already low. :classic_biggrin:

T0 expand the last point, often by the time things in a management regain get to where people are being arrested, it can be a symptom of wider mis-management where there are multiple issues. Sure - a guy at the top of that food chain is going to be bounced. But when you look at whether a football program is well run, you look at wins/losses and how the players are going and by those measurement that are primary keys for a sports program, you can't call UM mismanaged in any general way. That's what will work in Harbaugh's favor. Or the TL,DR version might be: JH is no Matt Patricia. :classic_laugh:

Edited by gehringer_2

Santa Ono's letter apparently to the B1G guy he met with...prior to the meeting

Dear Tony,

“I look forward to our meeting and am writing now to share some of my deeply held beliefs, which I hope can inform our conversation and guide what we do next. “None of us wants to be in this situation.  The University of Michigan takes its compliance obligations seriously. We are committed to ethics, integrity, and fair play.  It is at our core and always will be.  And that is why I am so deeply concerned about the allegations.    

“We are fully cooperating with the NCAA in its investigation, as it seeks to separate the facts from irresponsible speculation seen in much of the public and social media discourse.

“It’s precisely at these times — when all key facts are not known but others are all too comfortable offering strongly held opinion — that it is essential for everyone to ensure that investigations are conducted fairly and that conclusions are based on what actually happened.  The reputation and livelihoods of coaches, students, and programs cannot be sacrificed in a rush to judgment, no matter how many and how loudly people protest otherwise.  Due process matters.

“We, as would any other member of the Big10, deserve nothing less.  Our students, our coaches, our program—all are entitled to a fair, deliberate, thoughtful process. We are aware that other representatives of the Big10 are demanding that you take action now, before any meaningful investigation and full consideration of all the evidence.  That is not something our conference rules permit.  And we both know it is not what any other member would want if allegations were raised against their people or programs.  

“The Big10 has not informed us of any investigation of its own, as would be required under conference rules.  And, to be clear, oral updates from NCAA enforcement staff do not and cannot constitute evidence, nor do we think the NCAA would ever intend for an oral update to be given that meaning or weight.   

“The best course of action, the one far more likely to ascertain the facts, is to await the results of the NCAA investigation.  But if you refuse to let the NCAA investigative process play out, the Big10 may not take any action against the University or its players or coaches without commencing its own investigation and offering us the opportunity to provide our position.  That is not just required by our conference rules; it is a matter of basic fairness. “

Sincerely,

Santa J. Ono
President
University of Michigan

Kudos to Santa Ono.