2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

25 minutes ago, romad1 said:

This is an interesting extra detail

except that pooling observations from other teams is in effect exactly the same effect as the prohibited action of visiting other sites in person. It gives a team access to data it was not allowed to gather for itself. Just because another team did it for you it still amounts to remote in person scouting.

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

except that pooling observations from other teams is in effect exactly the same effect as the prohibited action of visiting other sites in person. It gives a team access to data it was not allowed to gather for itself. Just because another team did it for you it still amounts to remote in person scouting.

I don't think the B1G are in the careful and thoughtful evaluation stage

Edited by romad1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how you can pay a collegiate coaching staff an 8 figure salary total and the whole staff is too dense to realize and/or solve the problem if some other team has their signs?

image.png.e7d30950b82d718ef8e54e7928766772.png

My friend would say you can't be serious.

The key is they are incentivized to do the unethical in the event that a category destroying force emerges that threatens their jobs.  

Did Michigan steal signs? 

Yes

Did the coaches know

Yes

Do a lot of schols do it?

Yes

But officer, other drivers were speeding too...........yes, but I pulled YOU over. 

Michigan cheated.  Michigan is dirty.    Apply the dirty part to ever single successful program.  The sport is a cesspool.  

NCAA is pissy about Michigan's self-imposed weak-ass suspension this season, so they had this in their back pocket. 

The NCAA has a lot of nerve accusing anyone else of being dishonest.  

As Les Nessman once said to Herb Tarlek.

"Oh Herb, it's all so sordid"

i guy i work with played college (and nfl) football.  he said his team had videotaped practices from other teams back in the 00s.  they had the other team's signs in multiple games.  they always did.

everyone has done this for a long time.  i'm not sure why big ten coaches would go this far against michigan considering they all did it and knowing that michigan had evidence of it.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Did Michigan steal signs? 

Yes

Did the coaches know

Yes

Do a lot of schols do it?

Yes

But officer, other drivers were speeding too...........yes, but I pulled YOU over. 

Michigan cheated.  Michigan is dirty.    Apply the dirty part to ever single successful program.  The sport is a cesspool.  

NCAA is pissy about Michigan's self-imposed weak-ass suspension this season, so they had this in their back pocket. 

The NCAA has a lot of nerve accusing anyone else of being dishonest.  

As Les Nessman once said to Herb Tarlek.

"Oh Herb, it's all so sordid"

And why would you want to make one of the 2(maybe 3 if you count Penn St) schools in your whole conference that has any semblance of National respect or notoriety look bad? Really the only school that has anything to gain is OSU and Ryan Day cause they now have a convenient excuse why they lost. Every other school gains nothing by trying to make Michigan look bad.  

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Jerry Rogers was dirty! Back in the '70s.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0531122/

Storyline
While Marcia is hanging posters advertising Westdale High's upcoming "massacre" of Fairview High at this weekend's league championship football game, she is approached by Jerry Rogers, the quarterback of Fairview's team. To Jerry, asking Marcia out on a date is more important than school loyalty, or so he tells her. What she doesn't know is that Jerry is trying to gain access to any secret that Greg, Westdale's halfback, may have lying around to assist in Fairview beating Westdale, most specifically the Westdale playbook. Bobby does see Jerry trying to steal Greg's playbook, which Marcia does not believe or want to believe. To test what Bobby claimed to have seen, Greg, with Marcia's knowledge, leaves a fake playbook lying around to see what becomes of it. Meanwhile, in the lead up to the big game, Carol is expecting a visit from Tank Gates, her high school sweetheart from her days at Westdale. Tank was the star quarterback who went on to play pro football. As Carol extols the virtue of Tank, Mike begins to feel a little inferior. What Mike eventually learns is that Tank doesn't try to make others feel inferior, but make himself appear superior.

• Like 1