2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

If anybody is making that case, 12 years after it was discovered a Big Ten school harbored a pedophile who was allowed to exploit dozens of boys in the school's facilities with the legendary head coach, at the most generous interpretation, looking the other way. Remind them.

or the michigan sexual abuse case, the michigan state sexual abuse case, or the ohio state sexual abuse case or domesric violence cover up.

pettiti said it was the biggest scandal in big ten history.  another thing he has done poorly.

Edited by buddha

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

or the michigan sexual abuse case, the michigan state sexual abuse case, or the ohio state sexual abuse case or domesric violence cover up.

pettiti said it was the biggest scandal in big ten history.  another thing he has done poorly.

You were putting words in Ryan Walters' mouth two weeks ago. Where did Pettiti say this?

1 minute ago, Edman85 said:

You were putting words in Ryan Walters' mouth two weeks ago. Where did Pettiti say this?

as reported by the numerous leaks from his conversations with michigan following his call with ryan walters and the rest of the hypocrites that make up the big ten coaching fraternity.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

a fine to the university.

for harbaugh, maybe a one game suspension next year.

i just dont see the difference between the effect of what michigan did and what other teams did.

That is a nothing punishment. Come on.

Big ten pays out 100 million. A 100k fine does nothing. And great he misses Fresno state. A monkey could coach that game.

I understand you think it's nothing cause it's your school, and I can argue the 3 games is a bit much. But that suggested punishment, might as well send him to his room to think about what he did.

1 hour ago, KL2 said:

That is a nothing punishment. Come on.

Big ten pays out 100 million. A 100k fine does nothing. And great he misses Fresno state. A monkey could coach that game.

I understand you think it's nothing cause it's your school, and I can argue the 3 games is a bit much. But that suggested punishment, might as well send him to his room to think about what he did.

2 games?

44 minutes ago, buddha said:

2 games?

Credit everyone who has played Michigan so far this year with an extra TD for their 2022 games vs Michigan - hell, go nuts, credit MSU with an extra 5 TDs.  Retroactively give OSU 15 more points for the 2020 and 2021 games.

Edited by lordstanley
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Credit everyone who has played Michigan so far this year with an extra TD for their 2022 games vs Michigan - hell, go nuts, credit MSU with an extra 5 TDs.  Retroactively give OSU 15 more points for the 2020 and 2021 games.

not sure why would give osu that many points considering they had michigan's signs...

🙂

14 hours ago, buddha said:

im sure other teams are stealing signs.  that's the issue.  i dont think what stalions did was anything special or different or more effective.  the ncaa pretty mich agreed two years ago.

Did the NCAA know the full extent of what was going on two years ago?  I'll admit, I don't even know you referencing from happened two years ago.

How are other teams stealing signs?  Are they advance scouting like Michigan was (which is apparently against the rules)?

Obviously there's something untoward happening here that Michigan doesn't want to let loose.  If they were dotting the i's and crossing the t's like they were chest thumping about not all that long ago, they wouldn't accept this punishment, there wouldn't be assistant coaches fired.

And can we stop with the stupid rule tripe?  Yes, maybe it is a stupid rule.  But its what everybody has to abide by until new legislation is in place.

This is a stupid rule:  When the offensive team fumbles the football out of the end zone, the result is a turnover, 1st and 10 at the 20.  That's way too punitive.  I bet most coaches and fans agree.  But you never see the fumbling team's coach send his offense out to the 20 to try to snap the ball before anyone realizes what is going on.

• Thanks 1

Speculation that Stalions funding source, the mysterious Uncle T, is a board member of UM’s largest NIL partner.  Still awaiting word on how he’s related to Ryan Day.    

Also, Bruce Feldman commented on Fox this morning that more firings are expected on the UM staff.  

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Did the NCAA know the full extent of what was going on two years ago?  I'll admit, I don't even know you referencing from happened two years ago.

How are other teams stealing signs?  Are they advance scouting like Michigan was (which is apparently against the rules)?

Obviously there's something untoward happening here that Michigan doesn't want to let loose.  If they were dotting the i's and crossing the t's like they were chest thumping about not all that long ago, they wouldn't accept this punishment, there wouldn't be assistant coaches fired.

what is the difference between what michigan is accused of doing and what ohio state did?  ohio state (and illinois and purdue) was given a list of michigan's signs by greg schiano and rutgers.  signs they stole in person at the game.  

in theory, what is the difference between that and conor stalions taking a video on his phone and using that to steal signs?

the only difference i can see is that what schiano did has been going on since time immemorial.  bert bielema, in his rant against michigan, stated when he was a grad assistant he cut his teeth stealing signs.  that was one of his jobs.  other people i know who worked as grad assistants for college football teams (illinois) told me the same thing.  and then they passed those signs to other GAs on other teams.  thats legal and part of football world.  people i know who played major college football told me similar stuff.  they had the other team's signs all the time.  a lot of times it didnt really help.

so i ask what is the actual real difference between that practice and what michigan did?  in today's day and age of all-22 videos and everything being on tv?  and if there is a real difference, what is the significant competitive advantage that michigan gained by doing it as opposed to just having the signs handed to them by another team?

i dont really see one but i dont play football so i dont know if im missing something.

37 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Am I missing something or did this guy have weird pathological delusions of grandeur?

I’d say both. 

This kid is a borderline psycho with weird pathological delusions of grandeur but you are absolutely missing something if you think he funded this all on his own.   

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Speculation that Stalions funding source, the mysterious Uncle T, is a board member of UM’s largest NIL partner.  Still awaiting word on how he’s related to Ryan Day.    

There was never a question that the NIL system was guaranteed to produce this kind of outcome. i.e. once you give un-regulated people permission to start tossing $$ around, the odds of keeping it between the lines ain't gonna be good.

Edited by gehringer_2

59 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

So now we are hearing that this Stalions kid sold a house and self-funded dozens of scouting trips. Never requested a dime of reimbursements from UM. Am I missing something or did this guy have weird pathological delusions of grandeur?

Either this is a conventional garden variety institution caught in the act story that someone is trying to come up with an outre cover story for, or the guy was pretty cracked. Story has bounced in both directions but plenty of popcorn to munch until it becomes clear which. 

Buddha always gives me grief about it but in the end I really have trouble seeing how the thing that major NCAA revenue sport is turning into, is compatible long term with the institutional objectives of a modern University. The management objectives and values are so alien to each other that I think University management systems will only have increasing problems handling oversight of their revenue sports programs as the sports get more professionalized.

I wonder if Harbaugh is in communication with the coaches during the game?  Obviously he can't do anything in real time because of the delay, but what would keep him from watching Michigan's first drive on TV and then calling into a coach sitting in the box and giving his direction for the next drive?