2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

Well, didn't see the "handshake" with the Purdue coach.  Kinda interested how that went down.

I gather it was less than 5 words between them.   I don't foresee Ryan Walters being an in-demand coach after he loses this Purdue job. 

He didn't talk ****. He confirmed they confirmation of Michigan cheating and it got aggregated. And that cheating gave them an advantage because so much practice time this week had to go toward changing up signals on a team that has already been decimated by injuries. He said what the other 12 coaches in the conference are thinking.

i give walters credit for putting his name on it unlike other "anonymous" coaches.

but if youre not changing your signs every week then you deserve to get your signs stolen.  i seriously doubt this was a huge inconienence or made any significant difference in the outcome of the game.

that's not making an excuse for michigan, if rules were broken they should be punished accordingly.  but all of this whining by coaches is laughable, imo.

the postgame handshake was weak ****.  you got beat by a better team, man up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, buddha said:

lol.  what's wrong with you?

If you listen to 97.1 every day like I do you end up with a different take on this. They're talking about it like this is a scandal for the ages and gining up that level of concern. Valenti and Rico most especially.

I think if it ends up being proven that Harbaugh directed Connor Stalions to do this or knew about it and actively turned a blind eye that will be a serious issue for the program and one that could result in a long-term suspension for Harbaugh. It may also cost Michigan Big Ten Championship and playoff eligibility and force vacating games. It seems most everyone else in the Big Ten wants a stiff penalty brought down against the program. And I don't think it's fair to dismiss that as simply their bias against not wanting to play a Harbaugh-coached Michigan team.

49 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If you listen to 97.1 every day like I do you end up with a different take on this. They're talking about it like this is a scandal for the ages and gining up that level of concern. Valenti and Rico most especially.

I think if it ends up being proven that Harbaugh directed Connor Stalions to do this or knew about it and actively turned a blind eye that will be a serious issue for the program and one that could result in a long-term suspension for Harbaugh. It may also cost Michigan Big Ten Championship and playoff eligibility and force vacating games. It seems most everyone else in the Big Ten wants a stiff penalty brought down against the program. And I don't think it's fair to dismiss that as simply their bias against not wanting to play a Harbaugh-coached Michigan team.

Valenti and Rico should recuse themselves from discussing Michigan.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Seriously Tater, everything Valenti does is for the entertainment value - don't look to him to say anything attached to reality. If you think back about his predictions - proscriptions for any and all the Det teams over years he is almost never actually right about anything. But that's not what he's trying to do. 

I don't know where this will end up but wherever it does,  it's not likely to be near where Sports talk radio thinks.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

I am really shaken by the desire among M's fans to jettison the B1G over this.  I realize that the conference isn't what it was back in the Bo vs Woody years.  Its a time of change.  I'm sure the Pac12 seemed eternal at one point. 

Revenge is a dish best served cold. We've owed the conference payback for Wayne Duke for a long time.....🥷

Edited by gehringer_2

The legal experts that Sam Webb talked to in his most recent report indicate that M's board of regents and Santa Ono appear to be ready to flay the B1G for its knee-jerk, kneejerkiness.  

“The most important part of Ono's letter was that he laid out the predicates,” Simon explained. “He said, ‘if you're going to do this in a way that you haven't done before, (and) if you're going to do that without notice of investigation, just an oral notification of things... that's unprecedented.’ And so, if (the Big 10) tried to act, that actually arms Michigan for (injunctive) relief.”

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The legal experts that Sam Webb talked to in his most recent report indicate that M's board of regents and Santa Ono appear to be ready to flay the B1G for its knee-jerk, kneejerkiness.  

I've noted before that Ono is a different generation and different history than any of the recent UM presidents. It should not be surprising if he positions the U much differently than any of his predicessors did. A Board of Regents full of law firm owners is a nice add to the mix here.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

you listen to mike valenti?  no wonder you come on here and spout crazy **** all the time.  🙂

I really enjoy the hard work of MGOBLOG.  Just because they are clearly biased in favor of Michigan sports doesn't make them unprofessional.   They do a very good job producing excellent material I've never seen in any other fan group.   Do you see UFR for any of your teams?  

Its a gd blog that supports the fans of Michigan.  What else should they be?