2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

9 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I never get sense it was the unanimous or that even Thamel claimed that. I wonder how it works. Did they do a show of hands at last week’s meeting, Pettit felt he had enough votes to punish, told Michigan that this weekend, and now they formally lock in the votes this week at some point?

thamel is just looking for clicks.  same as everyone else at espn.

31 minutes ago, buddha said:

https://newsletters.yahoo.net/H/2/v60000018baece443fc64c9ef4bbe5c898/cb4183be-f1a9-450c-8abf-c0e1887ce359/HTML

ryan walters chose to 1) steal michigan's signs while at illinois; and 2) take a job at sign stealing Purdue.

lol.  

Reminded of the Norm Macdonald joke about Bill Cosby (whom Norm truly adored), [paraphrasing] "people say the worst thing was the hypocrisy and I just can't get past all the rapes." 

i still don't understand why the big ten coaches did this.  someone (everyone?) really really really hates jim harbaugh and michigan.

every team steals signs.  teams videotape practices, teams videotape games, teams pass stolen signs to other teams.  every team has everyone else's signs at one point or another. 

and they all know it!  the utter hypocrisy of ryan walters and purdue, the stupid moralizing of MICHIGAN STATE (of all programs) is just amazing to me.

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

i still don't understand why the big ten coaches did this.  someone (everyone?) really really really hates jim harbaugh and michigan.

I believe they hate Harbaugh for two sets of reasons. For some it's because he can be a real jerk. He's calmed down a lot but in his first couple of seasons he seemed to go out of his way to insult people - particularly other coaches like Day. People don't forget that so some of this is just his own Karma come home to roost. But the other is that he is way too much a players' advocate for most of them to take. Whether he sees the consequences or not, JH has been pushing for player rights, player mobility and player participation in the profits from the get go, and that scares the heII out of the rest of the NCAA establishment and pretty much makes him personna non grata in the teachers' lounge.

Edited by gehringer_2

It has been reported that University of Michigan has retained the services of "White Shoe" Law firm Williams and Connelly to contest whatever the hell is happening with this attempt by Ohio State to disrupt the U-M football team. 

Edited by romad1

W&C alumni from wikipedia page

Alumni[edit]

Prominent alumni of the firm include:

Over the past decade, 45 Supreme Court clerks have been full-time or summer associates with Williams & Connolly.[15][16] Associate Justices Elena Kagan and Brett Kavanaugh are both alumni of the firm.[17]

Haha, poor Schiano, he's just trying to focus on playing the game. Who wanted to talk about this? Michigan's side was content to leave it to the NCAA and have it play out during the offseason. But noooooooo....

https://sports.yahoo.com/ticked-off-greg-schiano-responds-182117577.html

“Look I’m getting ready to go play the 22nd-ranked team in the country, at their place,” Schiano said. “They are, I think 12-3 in their last 15 games, they’re 15-1 in the month of November. I can tell you that I’m very confident with the way we handle our business. I’m not going to get into specifics on something that is not my issue. Let the people handle it whose issue it is.”

Schiano, though, did express frustration that Rutgers has now been swept up in the scandal.

“Quite honestly I’m a little bit ticked off that we have to talk about this,” Schiano said. “This is not our problem.”

Edited by lordstanley