2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

This is such a bizarre take by Bielema. Says coaches around the league share sign information with each other all the time and he is totally cool with that, but if a team like Michigan sends people to watch a future opponent’s game, that is sickening. He seems to genuinely believe that, not saying so because he has an exe to grind with Harbaugh or is “scared” of Michigan. What I honestly don’t get is why. This is starting to remind me of “The Code” in baseball where some want you to follow silly unwritten rules about how to respond to brushbacks, how to wear your socks, when you can bat flips, whether you can bunt during no-hitters. Outrage is acceptable in certain instances, other times you are expected to suck it up. Don’t deviate!

Edited by lordstanley

5 hours ago, romad1 said:

Dave Clawson would be a hell of a coach for Michigan to pursue if something happens to force Harbaugh out.  In my lifetime, he's the 2nd best coach at BGSU right after Urban Meyer.  Polar opposites personality wise and ethics wise...but two great coaches

3 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Dave Clawson would be a hell of a coach for Michigan to pursue if something happens to force Harbaugh out.  In my lifetime, he's the 2nd best coach at BGSU right after Urban Meyer.  Polar opposites personality wise and ethics wise...but two great coaches

Purdue tried for him last year, and I remember there were reasons he wanted to stay where he was. Family medical reasons to stay in North Carolina... I could be misremembering.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

I listened to some of Clawson's interviews on a local sports station back then.  It was a good mix of calm, low key, matter of fact, business like, professional.  He just seemed to have this quiet strength about him.

• Like 1

Just now, romad1 said:

Apparently the B1G has an announcement today.

Should be an interesting day.

The narrative spun by the mouth-breathers who don't know the law is that this late hour of dropping the suspension prevents Harbaugh and Michigan from responding.  What they don't realize is that plays right into the rush-to-judgement defense that M and Harbaugh have prepared.   

Basically, either defer to NCAA or lose...and you will lose, B1G.

28 minutes ago, MIguy said:

Today is a Federal holiday, aren't the courts closed? How does Michigan even file it today?

Judges are on call for this kind of stuff pretty much 24/7. And it will just tick-off the judge more and make him even less sympathetic to the B1G action for them to bring it on an off day.

But the other side of the coin is that maybe Pettiti doesn't care if the court reverses him. He gets to play good cop with the other coaches, the games (and revenue stream from having a top contender)  go on.....

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Judges are on call for this kind of stuff pretty much 24/7. And it will just tick-off the judge more and make him even less sympathetic to the B1G action for them to bring it on an off day.

But the other side of the coin is that maybe Pettiti doesn't care if the court reverses him. He gets to play good cop with the other coaches, the games (and revenue stream from having a top contender)  go on.....

That appears to be the occam’s razor of this.  

5 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

So looking forward to tomorrow's game!  Gonna be some anger out there for sure

It has been such a weird season. Non-conference games felt like preseason games, with the rest of the country kicking off while it seems Michigan was still resting. Then came four conference games that I thought would be a bit more competitive but were all cruises. Then two games with this sign controversy in the background. So 9 games in, tomorrow at noon will feel like the first time Michigan is facing a real football challenge this season. 

Edited by lordstanley

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

At least they're teeing up Valenti's show nicely for this afternoon.

That's all they talk about for the last 3 weeks. I can barely listen because they rehash the same crap over and over again. They really need to talk about other things more until something comes out about the Michigan situation.

8 minutes ago, Kamakzie said:

That's all they talk about for the last 3 weeks. I can barely listen because they rehash the same crap over and over again. They really need to talk about other things more until something comes out about the Michigan situation.

Normally Doug and Gator play Switzerland and don't call out other shows. I was laughing my ass off this morning when they had an exchange like "this will probably come out in the afternoon show", "oh, do you think they'll talk about it?" ... long pause... "Mike will probably say he doesn't want to talk about it and then talk about it for four hours"

• Haha 1

I hate Valenti's continuous "If this was Ryan Day or Mark Dantonio Michigan fans would be calling for their heads, instead since it's Harbaugh they completely downplay it. "

Even if that were true he acts like this is just a UofM thing, virtually every fan from all facets of sports defend their team and put down their rivals. 

You could just as easily say "If this were Ryan Day you know OSU fans would treat it like it's no big deal and wouldnt want it to be talked about 24/7"