2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

Folks need to understand that no Burden Of Proof needs to be met by the Big Ten. Harbaugh is not being arrested or charged with a crime. People often get fired for behavior that is not illegal, even before anything is proven or disproven. It was a dumb move to do this 24 hours before a big game and before an investigation is completed, but they are entitled to do it. They need to prepare for the backlash, however. Michigan is one of the biggest schools in the Big Ten. They could possibly bolt.

PAC-3 HERE WE COME !

Found this fairly well-balanced.  My analogy to the situation is the war of the Dwarves and Orcs from Tolkien.   The Dwarves -- historically fractious (Michigan) are because of an outrage, suddenly united and driven to commit to a war on the Orcs.  It doesn't end well for the Dwarves or the Orcs.

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What does BET even mean? 

fairly simple. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-players-and-tom-brady-react-to-big-tens-suspension-of-jim-harbaugh-with-a-single-word-232834280.html

For those who can't keep up with the youth, "Bet" is often used colloquially to express agreement or confirmation. If someone were to offer you a ride home from school, you could say "Bet" to take them up on their offer. At the same time, in response to someone questioning your ability to dunk a basketball, you could say "Bet" on your way to proving them wrong. In this case, the slang conveys that the players intend to achieve their goal despite the conference's decision.

Based on the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, senior defensive lineman Kris Jenkins may have been the first Wolverine to share the concise message on Friday. But quarterback J.J McCarthy — among many other Michigan players, didn't take long to follow suit.

I used Bet in the 80s in the military.  It seemed kinda common in the shop.  I dunno if its not something that permeated white suburban culture until now or what. 

1 minute ago, MIguy said:

So is Harbaugh gonna get on the team bus and sit in the parking lot of Beaver Stadium waiting for word he was granted an injunction? 

The 1970 Seattle Pilots team trucks sat in Provo, Utah waiting to hear if they'd be continuing to Seattle or turning east for Milwaukee.   This was 2 days before Opening Day.  

35 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What does BET even mean? 

24 minutes ago, romad1 said:

fairly simple. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-players-and-tom-brady-react-to-big-tens-suspension-of-jim-harbaugh-with-a-single-word-232834280.html

I used Bet in the 80s in the military.  It seemed kinda common in the shop.  I dunno if its not something that permeated white suburban culture until now or what. 

It’s being used differently here. There is “yo my mom can pick us up after school” “aw bet that’s sick”

and then there is

”The B1G just suspended your head coach 20 hours before the biggest game of the season”

”bet. Watch this.”

27 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It’s being used differently here. There is “yo my mom can pick us up after school” “aw bet that’s sick”

and then there is

”The B1G just suspended your head coach 20 hours before the biggest game of the season”

”bet. Watch this.”

Appears that Harbaugh is not with the team.