2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

you dont show anything in the game before the game.  they looked terrible against illinois last year too.

worry about the things we should have been worried about all year:

michigan's offensive tackles

no super athletic receivers

pedestrian pass rush

only one really athletic cornerback

ohio state's receivers

11 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The Harbaugh suspension is an issue. Michigan didn't look as good against East Carolina, UNLV, Bowling Green, Penn St. (yes) and Maryland than they did against Rutgers, Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan St. and Indiana. I don't think it is a complete coincidence.

Yeah, it’s a concern.

4 hours ago, buddha said:

i guess we have different ideas on what the "long term institutional objectives" of the university of michigan are.

but to your exact point, involvement in for what are becoming for all intents and purposes professional sports, is simply one more step in the wrong direction from where they need to be going.

47 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

actually I thought the ball was thrown exactly on line to where the receive was - just way short. If I were Maryland I wouldn't like to lose a game on that call.

I’m pretty sure they changed the interpretation of intentional grounding a few years ago. They don’t want officials officiating intent anymore. Oxymoronic when ruling on intentional grounding. But if he’s (a) in the pocket, (b) not hit such as to impact an otherwise legal throw, and (c) the ball isn’t within ~7 yards of the nearest eligible receiver, they want the flag thrown.

They used to “forgive” QBs who weren’t under pressure and threw to a spot where no one was, because the receiver ran the wrong route. For better or worse that’s no longer the case.