2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Mondays I have a choice between Sam and Devin screaming at each other on MMQB and the very zen MGOBLOG podcast.  Devin and Sam wore me out today.  

sam was very very fired up about this.

he takes a lot of this stuff personally, but he brings it on himself by talking a lot of smack.

that said, the buckeye takes on this are just....something. 

i dont think ive ever seen it as nasty as it was this year.  social media is such a destructive force.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

sam was very very fired up about this.

he takes a lot of this stuff personally, but he brings it on himself by talking a lot of smack.

that said, the buckeye takes on this are just....something. 

i dont think ive ever seen it as nasty as it was this year.  social media is such a destructive force.

So, the Detroit barbershop atmosphere of Sam and Devin can be fun.  I just...after a weekend of enjoying all this rage...was ready for a break.   Turned on Seth and Bryan and they are just as fired up but in a very...suburban way. 

Just now, MIguy said:

Jim is too smart for that.   

if he wants control he'll go to carolina.  i doubt the bears fire poles.

in fact, if they keep improving on defense and win a few more games, i doubt they fire eberfuls either (and i think they will win a few more).

remember, this is the bears.  they are not well run.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

if he wants control he'll go to carolina.  i doubt the bears fire poles.

in fact, if they keep improving on defense and win a few more games, i doubt they fire eberfuls either (and i think they will win a few more).

remember, this is the bears.  they are not well run.

The whole problem with Carolina from what I've seen widely reported is the owner thinking he knows better than everyone else.  Going there would mean the opposite of having control.   

Edited by MIguy

10 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Dante Moore joins Riley Leonard, Taylor Van Dyke and a number of other QBs in the transfer portal.  It seems like we should make a run at one of them cause we're going to need somebody next year unless JJ does something unthinkable and decides to come back.

i think jj could be back.  nil will give him a couple million.

i wouldnt touch dante moore.  he's gone from getting paid at oregon to getting paid at ucla and now he'll go be a mercenary somewhere else and get paid.

if they need a qb they'll find one.  i hope its not moore.

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think jj could be back.  nil will give him a couple million.

i wouldnt touch dante moore.  he's gone from getting paid at oregon to getting paid at ucla and now he'll go be a mercenary somewhere else and get paid.

if they need a qb they'll find one.  i hope its not moore.

The thing that concerns me is that from my understanding the portal ends on January 2nd so unless JJ has already made his decision clear to the team behind closed doors they may not even know whether they should go get one of those guys or not before it's too late. Likewise those guys probably wouldn't commit to come here until they knew for sure he was leaving.

I don’t think the McCaskeys pull the trigger on Harbaugh. They seem too old school (and bad at picking coaches), and given that he has spent time there, he’s probably burned some bridges there, as he’s apt to do.

I think he ends up in LA with the Chargers or in Las Vegas with the Raiders, either way with a very large paycheck and with some amount of personnel control. The Washington job is possible too but probably a distant third in my mind. If he ends up in Vegas I could see them picking JJ with their first round pick in April.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think the McCaskeys pull the trigger on Harbaugh. They seem too old school (and bad at picking coaches), and given that he has spent time there, he’s probably burned some bridges there, as he’s apt to do.

I think he ends up in LA with the Chargers or in Las Vegas with the Raiders, either way with a very large paycheck and with some amount of personnel control. The Washington job is possible too but probably a distant third in my mind. If he ends up in Vegas I could see them picking JJ with their first round pick in April.

the mccaskeys dont like big personality coaches who will rock the boat.  that's jim harbaugh.

the report wad there have been internal meetings about jim harbaugh.  that could very well be "we've met and we have no interest in jim harbaugh."

who knows what former big ten commisioner and current bears president kevin warren actually thinks about jim harbaugh.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

the mccaskeys dont like big personality coaches who will rock the boat.  that's jim harbaugh.

the report wad there have been internal meetings about jim harbaugh.  that could very well be "we've met and we have no interest in jim harbaugh."

who knows what former big ten commisioner and current bears president kevin warren actually thinks about jim harbaugh.

That’s a good point about Warren. I hadn’t made that connection.

Between their so so record this year and now those assanine 9/11 comments I wouldn't be shocked to see McDermott get fired.

If so that could be a good landing spot for Harbaugh if this is the year he actually goes back. Im just basing that though on their talent level and having an established qb in place, I don't know about management and ownership so maybe there are potential pitfalls there with him. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Between their so so record this year and now those assanine 9/11 comments I wouldn't be shocked to see McDermott get fired.

If so that could be a good landing spot for Harbaugh if this is the year he actually goes back. Im just basing that though on their talent level and having an established qb in place, I don't know about management and ownership so maybe there are potential pitfalls there with him. 

and now those 2019 comments

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, buddha said:

dumbest clickbait i saw this week was a "report" out of LSU that brian kelly would definitely leave LSU for the michigan job.

yeah.....ok jan.

I mean, I do believe that Brian Kelly would leave LSU for the Michigan job, if offered.... They ain't calling him, and if he calls them he's not getting past Warde's secretary.

If he's looking to return to the midwest though, I hear Chippewa Valley has an opening. No scissor lifts in the budget though.