2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - correct. The part about Moore is nonsense, they don't operate that way. OTOH, the idea that there has been a decision to conserve resource commitments in a year when all the tickets are already sold and the future is still is in so much flux is not so crazy. Whether just because of the logistics of Harbaugh's exit or not, they certainly made no big effort on Moore's hire, or at the portal, or NIL splashes. So the idea that the program is in some kind of coast mode this year probably has some of truth to it, but more out of circumstance and their normal financial conservatism than any great strategic plan.

i think it was more out of circumstance.  they were handcuffed by harbaugh's late departure.  and they are still thethered to harbaugh's way of thinking vis a vis NIL: not paying for freshmen and instead rewarding the guys who stay.  i get it, but that works when you have harbaugh and his staff, i'm not sure moore can live up to that standard.

moore is going to have to put his stamp in the program.  they already lost nate marshall this year to auburn.  i suspect they'll lose a many more unless they pony up.

harbaugh was a unicorn.  youre going to have to pay the going rate to compete with the big boys.

with that said, i'm already resigned to the fall of the team.  it will be back to hoping for 7 wins and not getting blasted too badly by ohio state in columbus while keeping it close in ann arbor for a while.

3 or 4 years of that will get moore fired.  maybe by then JOHN harbaugh will want to try his luck in college?  or tom brady?