04/15/2023 1:10 pm EDT San Francisco Giants vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

9 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

Agreed I was more talking to the guys saying this team was worse than 03 and last seasons team

It may be, though.  Our collective moods are like a roller coaster here—we lose 3 games in a row and it’s end days, and win a couple (again a similarly bad team), and it’s wine and roses.

We really don’t know what we have in a relatively small sample.  The offense is still bad.  The pen has been unreliable and our starting pitching inconsistent.  The offense will improve, but I think the other two areas are still questionable.

we just need to maintain some patience and perspective.

13 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

It may be, though.  Our collective moods are like a roller coaster here—we lose 3 games in a row and it’s end days, and win a couple (again a similarly bad team), and it’s wine and roses.

Offensively, this team seems better than the 2022 variety even though it still isn't good. A lot less 1-2-3 innings overall, even though they have struggled in leverage situations.

My too early hot take is that if they figure out the right mix and get more consistency from the bullpen, they will make it to 70+ wins. 

40 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

Agreed I was more talking to the guys saying this team was worse than 03 and last seasons team

Yeah, they aren't the 2003 or 2019 team... I'm willing to lay that marker down right now as well

Edited by mtutiger

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Offensively, this team seems better than the 2022 variety even though it still isn't good. A lot less 1-2-3 innings overall, even though they have struggled in leverage situations.

My too early hot take is that if they figure out the right mix and get more consistency from the bullpen, they will make it to 70+ wins. 

We have one player in today’s lineup with a batting average over .232 (Baddoo—.250).

Here are the team leaders 

987256FB-5CE0-450E-BCA5-D0F2CB3172DA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

We have one player in today’s lineup with a batting average over .232 (Baddoo—.250).

Here are the team leaders 

987256FB-5CE0-450E-BCA5-D0F2CB3172DA.jpeg

Hey, I didn't say they were good, but they've also played a brutal schedule to start the season and, just an eye test, they seem better than the 2022 team was through 15 games.

Maybe the stats tell a different story, IDK

It is pretty hard to be as bad as 2003 and 2019.  I can easily see them losing 100 games, but I think they'll be better than that.  I expect some of their hitters to improve as the year progresses and there should also be help from current minor leaguers later in the season.       

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, casimir said:

We were all waiting for the offense to get better last season.  Just wait for Baez/Grossman//Schoop/Candelario to return to form.

SSS but so far Jeimer's OPS as LHB is 200 pts better that last season. If he keep that up he will have a better season than last.