04/18/2023 1:10 pm EDT Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers (Doubleheader)

casimir

11 minutes ago, Evil Roy Slade said:

It’s been near or at the bottom for the last couple years. I hope they can change some of that around this year.

Since they aren't going to score big very often themselves, as long as you have to keep staring pitchers that occasionally get rocked in the first couple of innings leading to huge losses the ugly differentials will continue - but they don't really mean much other than the pitching staff is short. Who knew?

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

Got to love Monroe bragging about how patience Maton is right before he grounds into a DP on the first pitch

That was magical. 

(If I hear him say Magical one more time..........)

I was listening on the radio just as the first game was getting going, and Jim Price sounded rough.  Now, it could be because it's really cold in the booth and that does give you some speech issues (when your face gets numb) but he sounded rough today.   

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Jim Price sounded rough

Yeah - Price is wearing down. His elocution isn't wasn't it was and he's losing his train of thought more often and Dickerson is filling more the time himself. But a failing Jim Price is still a lot more listenable than an energetic but grating Craig Monroe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1