2023 NFL Draft As-It-Happens

Just now, Tenacious D said:

We do.  Very odd reaction to getting depth at a position where we needed it.  If Hooker had stayed healthy, he goes in the first round, maybe to Indy.  Great value in the 3rd round, especially where we don’t have any glaring holes elsewhere (and are not done drafting).

I'm not calling Hooker Joe Burrow. But.

He was on a Burrow-like trajectory with what he was doing at Tennessee until he tore his ACL. He was a Heisman contender on a 9-1 Tennessee team and then he went down and everyone saw his age and injury and shied away.

I'm not calling Hooker Joe Burrow. He was probably never going to go 1.1 because of his age and Young/Stroud being there. But the upside is there, and if he had stayed healthy and won the Heisman, he's probably looking at going #4 to the Colts. In the 3rd round, even if the worst case scenario comes to fruition and he never even sees the field, it's a 3rd round bust. Kind of like Iffy is looking like.

If it wasn't clear, I'm not calling Hooker Joe Burrow. 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I think the thing I hate most is going to be listening to radio folks call for Hooker to start the moment Goff plays bad or the Lions lose a game. 

Don't listen to the radio.  That's a stupid fan problem, not a roster building problem.

1) brad holmes will not draft a qb because we have jared goff and he's awesome;

2) the lions wont draft a mobile qb because that's stupid and see #1;

3) brad holmes is awesome and we shouldnt question his draft picks because none of them have been duds.

------

brad holmes drafts mobile qb hendon hooker.

-------

i have questions!  lol.

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

He was on a Burrow-like trajectory with what he was doing at Tennessee until he tore his ACL. He was a Heisman contender on a 9-1 Tennessee team and then he went down and everyone saw his age and injury and shied away.

I'm not calling Hooker Joe Burrow. He was probably never going to go 1.1 because of his age and Young/Stroud being there. But the upside is there, and if he had stayed healthy and won the Heisman, he's probably looking at going #4 to the Colts. In the 3rd round, even if the worst case scenario comes to fruition and he never even sees the field, it's a 3rd round bust. Kind of like Iffy is looking like.

love it!

1 minute ago, buddha said:

1) brad holmes will not draft a qb because we have jared goff and he's awesome;

2) the lions wont draft a mobile qb because that's stupid and see #1;

3) brad holmes is awesome and we shouldnt question his draft picks because none of them have been duds.

------

brad holmes drafts mobile qb hendon hooker.

-------

i have questions!  lol.

I was pretty clear before the draft I didn't want to draft a QB so I'm not sure who this is directed at. 

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

well said