2023 NFL Draft As-It-Happens

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I hate to say it but I'm getting Deja Vu with the Martin pick  to the how I felt when the Lions drafted Tavai. Had the same "Who and the **** is this guy?" thought run through my head. Hopefully this works out better. 

He's even less athletic than Tavai. I guess the upside is he could be a Snacks Harrison type. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I hate to say it but I'm getting Deja Vu with the Martin pick  to the how I felt when the Lions drafted Tavai. Had the same "Who and the **** is this guy?" thought run through my head. Hopefully this works out better. 

This is definitely an outlier pick. I'm curious what Holmes says about him. He's the first player the Lions have taken with a RAS score this poor since Jermar Jefferson in the 7th round of 2021.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

This is definitely an outlier pick. I'm curious what Holmes says about him. He's the first player the Lions have taken with a RAS score this poor since Jermar Jefferson in the 7th round of 2021.

I'm shocked Holmes took a guy with a RAS that low this early in the draft.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

"I had 4 teams text me and say they were going to take him if we didn't jump ahead of them."

There was a report on I believe NFL.com about Martin that closed with "He should be drafted by the 4th round", so atleast going by that report it wasn't a massive reach. Either way though it seems that at the least he possesses a skill(probably space eating or run stopping) that they liked even if his overall grade wasn't that good.  Still seems like they could've gotten him later but who knows. 

Edited by RandyMarsh