Summer 2023 Off-Season Thread

39 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

I was thinking the same thing. If he really requests to get out of a $4 million contract there is almost no imaginable scenario in which he makes it up. 

Maybe his thinking is there are teams who would sign him and give him NHL playing time if not for his bad contract. So be free, sign a 1 x $1mm, and hope to kickstart his career somewhere. Make money after he proves himself if he thinks he can. His concern must be that he can’t make the Wings and that being buried in the minors kills any chance of big figure paydays. Quite a gamble though. 

32 minutes ago, buddha said:

if they trade for debrincat, will all you apologize to poor stevie?  lol.

I don't think I've been too critical of Stevie directly. Disappointed that we haven't gotten it done yet, but not critical of him in the way I was of Holland for years. I have said numerous times in this thread that I still believe in what he's doing because I genuinely do. What I have questioned and wondered allowed, along with others, is where the goal scoring is going to come from to catch us up with the rest of the league and get us out of the bottom 10. If he pulls off this trade I'll give him all the props in the world for it. Debrincat is a good, highly skilled player, who fits our biggest need and fits our timeline. Make it happen Stevie!

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

Between the CTE and the drugs he's headed for an interesting retirement with how much he loves the spotlight

Maybe Montreal could sign him and Zadina could try to fill their net with pucks... during development camp or pre-game warmups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am slowly weening myself off Twitter and the Red Wings section on HF Boards. I'm tired of being on pins and needles with this. if Yzerman makes it happen then fantastic, if not, I'll be bummed but accepting that the rebuild moves onward and hopefully upwards. I'm not waiting around all day with Twitter and HF Boards open. I need to get some actual stuff done at work at some point.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

24 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Darren Helm retired. Good for him for winning a Cup and fleecing Kenny for a great contract.

And good for Helm for getting to celebrate two Cup championships 14 years apart with two different pretty women. 

65E0F5F3-CC3A-447A-87C6-5F0811ADC032.jpeg

D772DA0B-8759-48BD-BC21-05FD2C992BCB.jpeg

Edited by lordstanley