2023 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

28 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

The Braves traded for Nicky Lopez and now the thought is the Vaugh Grissom may be available at least via Twitter. I'd be interested in picking him up if possible. 

Have a feeling he's Daz part 2

5 hours ago, RedTeamGo! said:

https://www.redlegnation.com/2023/07/30/cincinnati-reds-reportedly-interested-in-tigers-pitcher-eduardo-rodriguez/

The Cincinnati Reds are interested in Detroit Tigers left-handed starting pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez according to Mike Rodriguez.

I think the tigers and reds match up nicely in a trade. I’d do something like Arroyo, Rece Hinds, Dunn, and Acosta for ERod and Lorenzen. I think that’s fair. Arroyo is a top 50 prospect in mlb. Hinds has very high level power and started making more contact this year, Acosta is a young starter with good stuff, and Dunn is MIF prospect that has shot up 3 levels this year while tearing the cover off of the ball. If this trade got it done I actually wouldn’t feel great about it as a Reds fan, but would set the Reds up well for rest of the year to make the postseason. Marte and Petty are untouchable in my eyes. I really would prefer not to trade Richardson and Phillips. I could see Collier getting moved as well. 

Those are simply players that Harris has zero interest in.

He's looking for a different "type" of player... both pitchers and position players who dominate the strike zone.

That means he would be interested in Marte/ Collier/ Petty/ Stoudt/ Aguiar...

And none of the guys you listed.

And with both Eduardo and Lorenzen... I think the trade price starts with Collier/ Petty/ Aguiar...

Just my 2 cents...

Braves Top Prospects
Rk Name Age Highest Level Position ETA FV
1 AJ Smith-Shawver 20.4 A+ SP 2025 45+
2 JR Ritchie 19.8 A SP 2026 45+
3 Dylan Dodd 24.9 MLB SP 2023 45
4 Spencer Schwellenbach 22.9 A SP 2025 45
5 Jared Shuster 24.7 MLB SP 2023 45
6 Owen Murphy 19.6 A SP 2026 45
7 Luis Guanipa 17.3 R CF 2027 45
8 Roddery Muñoz 23.0 AAA SIRP 2023 40+
9 Ignacio Alvarez 20.0 A+ 3B 2025 40+
10 Diego Benitez 18.4 R 3B 2027 40+

11 minutes ago, kdog said:
Braves Top Prospects

No prospect on their list has a 45 FV?  I’m not familiar with the Phillies system, but we know DD like to trade prospects.

I think it will be Cincy, Baltimore or the Phillies in at least one deal with us.

Edited by Tenacious D

23 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

No prospect on their list has a 45 FV?  I’m not familiar with the Phillies system, but we know DD like to trade prospects.

I think it will be Cincy, Baltimore or the Phillies in at least one deal with us.

Don't 7 have a 45?

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Those are simply players that Harris has zero interest in.

He's looking for a different "type" of player... both pitchers and position players who dominate the strike zone.

That means he would be interested in Marte/ Collier/ Petty/ Stoudt/ Aguiar...

And none of the guys you listed.

And with both Eduardo and Lorenzen... I think the trade price starts with Collier/ Petty/ Aguiar...

Just my 2 cents...

What do you mean by dominate the strike zone? If Dunn isn’t dominating the strike zone I don’t know who does. As for Stoudt, yeah, take him ha 

37 minutes ago, kdog said:
Braves Top Prospects

That's a lot of pitchers, which I have zero interest in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Any interest in Christian Walker from the Diamondbacks? If the Orioles want Michael Lorenzen or Eduardo Rodriguez, Scott Harris should demand Grayson Rodriguez in return.

Maybe they could demand cal ripken

Edited by KL2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kdog said:

The Tigers need pitching in their system...they have no depth and very few prospects.

They have very little pitching and very little hitting.  I would prefer hitting.  They have emphasized pitching in the draft for 30 years and for the most part have SFA to show for it.  Let's find some guys who have a bat, a glove, and an arm.

3 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

They have very little pitching and very little hitting.  I would prefer hitting.  They have emphasized pitching in the draft for 30 years and for the most part have SFA to show for it.  Let's find some guys who have a bat, a glove, and an arm.

Moderation in all things - you can't win without either.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Moderation in all things - you can't win without either.

Yes and I am so naive to think that after about 1985 there were a bunch of guys out there with a bat, a glove, and an arm.  Maybe one or two but 90% of them were playing point guard or RPO quarterback.

22 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yes and I am so naive to think that after about 1985 there were a bunch of guys out there with a bat, a glove, and an arm.  Maybe one or two but 90% of them were playing point guard or RPO quarterback.

It is depressing that given the draft resources Avila committed to pitching how thin Tiger MiLB pitching is again already.

36 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It is depressing that given the draft resources Avila committed to pitching how thin Tiger MiLB pitching is again already.

It's probably because of the new drafting system. If Avila did anything well, his strength was drafting pitching. Especially in 2019.

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I really mean that the draft changed the amount of players that year, changed the draft immensely.