2023 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

They shuffled the rotation and Hinch all but admitted Eduardo and Lorenzen are likely to be traded. Why does it matter if the trade happens August 1 or July 28?

For the same reason I couldn't sleep at all on Christmas Eve when I was a child..

Im a greedy little b****** who needs instant gratification 

Edited by KL2

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I take everything Morosi says with a grain of salt, but this is right. And probably explains why it's taking a little more time to develop.

If it's 2 PM CDT tomorrow and nothing has happened, maybe then I'll start asking questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Don’t we have a SS that is signed for four more years? 

Yes, which is why 19-year-old Cristian Hernandez playing A Ball in the Cubs system might be a decent get if his tools fit within Harris/Hinch's development strategy.

11 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

We were critical of Al sometimes selling early, like with JD, so we should get on board with waiting to maximize return on our few tradable assets.

KL2 can just take a few Ambiens and set his alarm for 5:30 pm tomorrow.

Pretty sure your not supposed to mix Ambiens with all the uppers ive already taken

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toddwert said:

I love this… Harris is playing high stakes poker while Al just seemed to be happy that an GM was interested in a player he acquired 

If you were another GM in the majors, you'd tell your assistants  "I don't care if I am in the middle of getting surgery, if Al Avila calls, you patch that phone call through to me"

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

We were critical of Al sometimes selling early, like with JD, so we should get on board with waiting to maximize return on our few tradable assets.

KL2 can just take a few Ambiens and set his alarm for 5:30 pm tomorrow.

We're close enough now that he can take a trip across the international date line and see what we will find out tomorrow.  Just don't spoil it for the rest of us.

9 minutes ago, casimir said:

We're close enough now that he can take a trip across the international date line and see what we will find out tomorrow.  Just don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Spoiler: They are going to get a bunch of guys most of us have never heard of before.  We'll look up their stats and ranks and not be impressed.  The prospect hounds will pump up one of the players and we'll feel better.  That guy will not develop into anything, but one of the others will turn out to be pretty good.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Spoiler: They are going to get a bunch of guys most of us have never heard of before.  We'll look up their stats and ranks and not be impressed.  The prospect hounds will pump up one of the players and we'll feel better.  That guy will not develop into anything, but one of the others will turn out to be pretty good.  

image.png.2677deeb35166ee72f96d2a84ec26f31.png

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

And make sure you don't forget: "On DL at A ball 7 yrs later" on your prospect Bingo card. Could be a winner.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Which is why they should sit on these guys until the last minute to try and get someone to help compete in this crappy division next year.  If not hope E Rod opts in. Spend away.  As everyone here used to say it's not my money.  Think fans are pretty over the decade long firesale.