2023 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Shedding $30 million in one fell swoop this winter should help.

They're at roughly:

LESS $65 million right now, doing nothing.

Move Eduardo and their payroll is down $80 mill from this year, before making any moves.

(Miggy, Schoop, Lorenzen, Boyd, Cisnero, Turnbull, Austin Meadows).

2 minutes ago, Longgone said:

Who says they "wasted all this time trying to hammer out a deal"? You? Some reporter? How do YOU know when they negotiated?

The reporters are interesting and all, but I sometimes think that they can be as in the dark as we are about this stuff

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

0.894 for scoring. Good for 28th place this year. 

Day games not so much but night games in SoCal will be cooler than most other places in mid-summer.

CA does get a lot of El Nino effect, so it's going to get less predictable as climate cycles get more erratic.

Source on .894? Fangraphs has Dodger Stadium at 98 on a 5 year average. Statcast at 100 on a 3 year average.

8 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

YOU said they knew this for days.

I was quoting YOU... did you not notice that?

I said they "may" and you can't assume it just happened because you just heard about it. Reading comprehension.

Edited by Longgone

I said it's likely and you can't assume it just happened because you just heard about it. Reading comprehension.

Which to my point is STILL a fail by wasting time on a deal that was dead before it began.

The timing of when they wasted that time is moot point.

Reading comprehension.

At no point did you quote me or you'd see the error in your assumption.

You're having a serious problem with reading comprehension:

1984Echoes

22 minutes ago, Longgone said:

We're all just hearing about this now, so we assume it just happened, but LA and Det may have known it for days.

There's no possible way that the two teams knew this for DAYS but still spent all this time trying to hammer out a deal.

What a colossal waste of time for both teams if they KNEW this but still wasted time working on a deal.

Seriously?

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

Which to my point is STILL a fail by wasting time on a deal that was dead before it began.

The timing of when they wasted that time is moot point.

Reading comprehension.

I'm sure erod was involved in the process. They tried to work it out and couldn't satisfy him. How is that " a colossal waste of time"? It's a process.

OK, now I don't know what I want regarding Eduardo Rodriguez. I don't want six years of him. I don't really even want four years of him. I don't want Harris to go overboard Avila-style trying to justify not trading him by overpaying him. I don't want Eduardo to walk away for nothing.

In any event, I'm going to get something I don't want here.

• Haha 1