Tigers Beat Writers Lionizing Sub-Replacement Level Ex-Tigers

Edman85

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

I'm pretty sure he's on this board and is trolling us at this point

I think it’s the opposite—he has such thin skin on X, I think he’d be in the fetal position, rocking in a corner of his room, if he knew how much we made fun of him.

• Like 1

Do the players like McCosky as much as he adores them? Do they think he’s a cool stand-up kind of guy? Or is he more like the creepy assistant hockey coach in juniors? I don’t know either way.

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I know he's not sub-replacement, but he is an ex-Tiger, so how come McCosky isn't waxing idiotic about this?

I would guess because very few people outside of die hards like us would ever know he was in the Tigers system 10 years ago. The Tigers were still good then, and we got a good piece back as part of that package. He wasn't a high draft pick, wasn't part of the rebuild, and never played for the Tigers. So I think McCoskys audience would go who? And it seems to me the beat writers wand people to go, "oh yeah, I remember him, we should have kept him".

47 minutes ago, CMU97 said:

I would guess because very few people outside of die hards like us would ever know he was in the Tigers system 10 years ago. The Tigers were still good then, and we got a good piece back as part of that package. He wasn't a high draft pick, wasn't part of the rebuild, and never played for the Tigers. So I think McCoskys audience would go who? And it seems to me the beat writers wand people to go, "oh yeah, I remember him, we should have kept him".

and if he never played for the Tigers then Chris McCosky has no reason to suck up or kiss his ass.

30 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Looking at their Augusts, Uceta does have a case.  Better WHIP, better SO/9, better BB/9, better opponent OPS, ….

I know the tweet fits the thread.  But I think there is merit to the vote being correct, even if there is some bias involved.

Edited by casimir