Tigers Beat Writers Lionizing Sub-Replacement Level Ex-Tigers

Edman85

I've been noodling possible reasons why McCosky is so besotted with all these substandard players from another Tigers era, guys who were nobodies going nowhere in a hurry, but were treated like somebodies who were the present and future of a badly-broken organization.

Psychobabble Me is landing on McCosky misses Al Avila, the way Avila used to go stream-of-consciousness and say all the quiet parts out loud. McCosky misses that because it made his job writing about the Tigers a lot easier, and the Harris administration's tight lips make his job harder. And if there's one thing McCosky needs, it's something anything that will make his job easier, because he's not exactly a diligent journalist.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

And if there's one thing McCosky needs, it's something anything that will make his job easier, because he's not exactly a diligent journalist.

I think this. It's easy, it creates a bit of a niche where he's not competing against anyone, and some people certainly do find it interesting, though the comment about Grossman enjoying success at the hand of his old team seemed almost to be gleeful at the thought of the Tigers losing, which is sort of ass for a your local reporter.

semi-related: I also saw Carlos Monarrez with another Tiger column (to say he thinks they will catch Minny) and he reported that he has been spending more time with the team. I wonder if one of the current Freep guys is about to move off the Tigers or if the Freep is just expanding the level of resourcing on the team.