2023 NCAA Football Thread

Deleterious

On 9/29/2023 at 2:21 AM, buddha said:

the extortion began when she fiked her complaint.  Now we'll find out what actually happened.  actually, we probably won't because msu will settle with both of them.

Heck, even if it went to court, this case would be classic he said/she said. Likely precious little trustworthy evidence available from either side.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

lol.  ummmmm....urban beat michigan, that's all they care about.

I was surprised that they had an academic library on the MSU campus.  It wasn't a building devoted only to books about their victories over Michigan.   I gather MSU might have to consider the other variables when they make this choice.

30 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think if Urban returns to college football it's after Day loses to Michigan again and has nothing to do with Michigan State.

or when lincoln riley leaves u$c after this year to go coach the bears.

speaking of the bears, like clockwork the jim harbaugh discussion has come up again.  just like it always does when the bears job comes open.

4 hours ago, buddha said:

or when lincoln riley leaves u$c after this year to go coach the bears.

speaking of the bears, like clockwork the jim harbaugh discussion has come up again.  just like it always does when the bears job comes open.

If Harbaugh was going to the Bears I think he'd already be there (or have been there). I'm not sure where he ends up (if anyone in the NFL ever takes him), but I don't think it will ever be the Bears.

53 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If Harbaugh was going to the Bears I think he'd already be there (or have been there). I'm not sure where he ends up (if anyone in the NFL ever takes him), but I don't think it will ever be the Bears.

if the bears offered him the job i can almost guarantee you that he'd take it.

not because its "the bears", but more because i think he wants to end up back in the nfl.

49 minutes ago, buddha said:

if the bears offered him the job i can almost guarantee you that he'd take it.

not because its "the bears", but more because i think he wants to end up back in the nfl.

I agree, I just mean that if the McCaskeys wanted to hire Jim Harbaugh, they would have done it already.

I won’t go so far as to say no NFL team will ever hire Jim Harbaugh, but I do think it would have to be the perfect fit of a regime change where the ownership was okay taking a risk and either hiring a pacifist of a GM (or a friend of Jim’s) to work with Jim, or hiring Jim in a Belichick-like role as GM/HC.

It’s clear he’s blacklisted by a number of management teams. He’s a winning coach everywhere he goes, he obviously wants a job, but teams won’t even interview him, sans the Vikings and that was a total disaster.

The Commanders and Patriots are the only two who I think might fit the bill this coming off-season. Maybe the Chargers.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I agree, I just mean that if the McCaskeys wanted to hire Jim Harbaugh, they would have done it already.

I won’t go so far as to say no NFL team will ever hire Jim Harbaugh, but I do think it would have to be the perfect fit of a regime change where the ownership was okay taking a risk and either hiring a pacifist of a GM (or a friend of Jim’s) to work with Jim, or hiring Jim in a Belichick-like role as GM/HC.

It’s clear he’s blacklisted by a number of management teams. He’s a winning coach everywhere he goes, he obviously wants a job, but teams won’t even interview him, sans the Vikings and that was a total disaster.

The Commanders and Patriots are the only two who I think might fit the bill this coming off-season. Maybe the Chargers.

dont count out the bears.  

otoh, the bears are run by idiots so maybe you can count them out?

i think if he succeeds at michigan again and the lions do well, harbaugh might be in vogue again because the lions play smashmouth football that harbaugh plays.  the fancy offensive "gurus" might not be in vogue as much.  who knows?

and given the vikings' lack of draft success under their new "analytics" gm, maybe its best for harbaugh that he didnt get a sniff there?

Some of my hunches when this came out originally about Tracy are kinda bourn out in those texts... Not that there's anything nefarious, but I had a feeling there were some financial problems behind this. Somebody without much of an educational backround running a non-profit that is her primary income is rife with pitfalls.

10 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Some of my hunches when this came out originally about Tracy are kinda bourn out in those texts... Not that there's anything nefarious, but I had a feeling there were some financial problems behind this. Somebody without much of an educational backround running a non-profit that is her primary income is rife with pitfalls.

I think it is nefarious, but I also think that a high profile figure like Tucker has to expect encounters with people with ill-intent or who grey area at best, whether that be honeypots or gamblers or shady donors. Reminds me of people I’ve seen firsthand throw away their jobs or reputations on business trips to China.