2023 NCAA Football Thread

Deleterious

Just now, MIguy said:

Are we more mad because Florida State got screwed or because we're playing Alabama?  🤔

I honestly think we would have matched up pretty poorly against Florida State. Their defensive line might be the best in the country and we saw what Iowa did against Michigan's new offensive line. While Alabama is obviously a very good team, I think they are more balanced in a way that Michigan will be able to combat.

I spent most of the 2020 and 2021 seasons bitching about the state of the program under Jim Harbaugh and calling for him to be fired. I bitched about the inability to beat Ohio State, all the losses to Michigan State, choking it away against Mel Tucker, the losing record against top 25 teams, the inability to develop a decent QB.

When Jim Harbaugh was first hired at Michigan this is the moment we all dreamed of a fans: beating Ohio, winning the Big Ten, competing for national championships. For a frustrating as the first 5 seasons were we finally reached the pinnical of college football. We beat MSU, we beat Ohio 3 years in a row, we are Big Ten champs 3 years running, and we're competing for national championships. Thank you Michigan! Thank you Jim Harbaugh! You've given me my fandom back and my love of Michigan football. I haven't felt this excited and elated about the state of our program since I was a kid.

GO ****ING BLUE!!! Let's show those rednecks from Alabama whose the boss in college football and win ourselves a national championship!!!

11 minutes ago, casimir said:

I don’t know about that.  I think people simply feel like Florida State got screwed over.

Send FSU off to do this,   Send FSU off to do that

Let FSU take care of some Mickey Mouse conference somewhere

I'm an undfeated team and I was stepped over !

That's the way the NCAA wanted IT

WELL IT AIN'T THE WAY I WANTED IT

I CAN HANDLE THINGS.   I'M TOUGH

NOT LIKE EVERYBODY SAYS,  YOU KNOW. LIKE WEAK

I'M TOUGH AND I WANT RESPECT !

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I honestly think we would have matched up pretty poorly against Florida State. Their defensive line might be the best in the country and we saw what Iowa did against Michigan's new offensive line. While Alabama is obviously a very good team, I think they are more balanced in a way that Michigan will be able to combat.

They have a great defense but wouldn't be able to put points on the board.  I like Michigan's chances in a defensive battle with FSU over a shootout with Alabama.  

27 minutes ago, buddha said:

wow.  lot of seminole fans in here.

We were living in Tallahassee during Bowden’s first years down there. What a turnaround for the program when he took over. I guess I’ve got a forever soft spot for Seminole football. Haven’t lived there in ages but I feel for the program today after they had the season they had and got ****ed over for the sake of keeping the SEC’s ass kissed. 

I have had for 30 years or so a Michigan baseball hat. Maze letter on blue hat. Bought it back in the Gary Moeller era. I’m pulling that hat out today and will wear it with the most sincere and earnest hope that UM utterly destroys everything that looks like Alabama!!! **** Alabama!

14 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Uhm….. I don’t quite understand any of this, but thanks for the response.

11 minutes ago, MIguy said:

They have a great defense but wouldn't be able to put points on the board.  I like Michigan's chances in a defensive battle with FSU over a shootout with Alabama.  

I think Florida State would have been very dangerous. They would have had a month to prepare for a game with nothing to lose, like TCU was last year.

Guess we'll never know.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

😆 LOL!!!!!! I knew it was you Saban!

c42d592276c73927048e12d72b74c6a0.jpg