2023 NCAA Football Thread

Deleterious

21 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

So the Bahamas Bowl is being played in North Carolina this year? Think they'll tell Old Dominion or Western Kentucky before the plane takes off?

if pettiti was in charge he would tell them when they were in the plane halfway to the bahamas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

So the Bahamas Bowl is being played in North Carolina this year? Think they'll tell Old Dominion or Western Kentucky before the plane takes off?

I’m impressed. That’s like me promising my wife a getaway to London and Paris but then taking her to London, Ontario off of the 401 then driving another hour to rural village Paris, Ontario. 

10 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I’m impressed. That’s like me promising my wife a getaway to London and Paris but then taking her to London, Ontario off of the 401 then driving another hour to rural village Paris, Ontario. 

Or you can visit Rome and Athens and never leave Georgia. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Can’t say that I saw this coming.   Assume they will be bringing in either Cam Ward, Riley Leonard, or Will Howard from the portal.  

I was talking to an Ohio State friend about McCord last week and he mentioned how despite the ostracization of McCord in Columbus (due to his not falling in line with the Barrett/Haskins/Fields/Stroud lineage), he is the type of QB who would be adored in East Lansing and basically become a cult hero overnight. He's not wrong. Not sure if Smith will be able to pull that off, but McCord would be a great get for MSU.

Grass isn't always greener though if you're OSU. Just like calls for Day to leave, McCord was 11-1. I wouldn't be surprised if McCord was just told "you're not guaranteed the starting job" and he gave them a big middle finger.

Proven commodities aren't easily acquired, and success isn't easily maintained even when you get one.

I'd love to have JJ back first and foremost, but going pro is probably his best bet. Riley Leonard seems to fit what Michigan would want to do and is a solid, accurate pocket passer. I'd love to get a QB like Cam Ward and see how his mobility could transform this offense, but I just get the feeling that a QB like Leonard fits what we would want to do moreso.

Are we going to see fewer NFL draft hopefuls sitting out playoff games than we would if those teams were only participating in non playoff bowl games?  That's probably more of a fortunate byproduct rather than an engineered outcome.

Are we going to see a similar effect with players entering the transfer portal?