2023 NCAA Football Thread

Deleterious

18 hours ago, MIguy said:

If Alabama beats Georgia and the other three undefeated teams stay that way, is Alabama the #4 seed or #3?  Michigan would move up to #1 and I'd really hate to have to face Alabama in the first round.  

Edit:  I just realized, the NCAA hates us, of course they'd leave Alabama 4th even if they felt that FSU was the weaker team due to losing their QB.  

In such a scenario, I could see them going 1 Michigan 2 Washington 3 Alabama 4 Georgia. It would be controversial, but the Florida St injury, Georgia being 2-time defending national champion, and the potential for a Bama-Georgia rematch in championship game would give the committee enough cover to do so. 

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

In such a scenario, I could see them going 1 Michigan 2 Washington 3 Alabama 4 Georgia. It would be controversial, but the Florida St injury, Georgia being 2-time defending national champion, and the potential for a Bama-Georgia rematch in championship game would give the committee enough cover to do so. 

I can't see them leaving out an undefeated Florida St and putting two 1 loss SEC teams in.  People would be furious.  

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

Prediction

1 Georgia

2 Michigan

3 Florida State

4 Oregon

I'm trying to think of a scenario where Michigan doesn't make it after a loss to Iowa.

- Pac 12 winner will be in, with either 0 loss (if Washington) or 1 loss (if Oregon)

-SEC winner will be in, with either 0 loss (if Georgia) or 1 loss (if Alabama)

- Florida is in if they win tonight and next week

- If Michigan loses, 1-loss Texas wins the BIG 12 and 1-loss Georgia is SEC runner up, who goes? Could be Texas. Unlike Michigan, they'd have a conference championship. And vs a common opponent with Georgia, they beat Bama on the road while Georgia would have lost to Bama.

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

On the main camera angle, at least, it looked to me as if the Auburn defender misjudged and moved up on his own instead of backing up into the receiver. Unless there's an angle where the receiver pushed him forward.

I see the receiver clearly extending his left arm and pushing the defender to create space.

• Like 1