2023 NCAA Football Thread

Deleterious

They probably would've gotten the first down anyway but if I was Washington I think I would've declined that holding call on 1st down. Reason being is that yes it would've been 2nd and 4 vs. 1st and 20 but you would've saved 40 seconds by moving it to 2nd so IF you could've found a way to stop them you would've gotten the ball back with like 50 seconds which is enough time to quickly move down the field and get yourself into a reasonable attempt at a TD on the final play(s).

By taking the penalty even if they stopped them 3 straight times the best case scenario was getting the ball back with like 10 seconds left, only way you're scoring then is with a fluke Stanford/Cal type play. 

• Like 1

Great game to close out the PAC 12 era. Sad to see what college football has become with these mega conferences.

That Oregan State Pac 2 conference schedule is brutal next year.  

@Washington State

Washington State

@Washington State

Washington State 

@Washington State

Washington State

And then on the road to close out the season @Washington State

The Washington State conference schedule is equal as brutal

Oregon State

@Oregon State

Oregon State

@Oregon State

Oregon State

@Oregon State

Oregon State 

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Great game to close out the PAC 12 era. Sad to see what college football has become with these mega conferences.

That Oregan State Pac 2 conference schedule is brutal next year.  

@Washington State

Washington State

@Washington State

Washington State 

@Washington State

Washington State

And then on the road to close out the season @Washington State

The Washington State conference schedule is equal as brutal

Oregon State

@Oregon State

Oregon State

@Oregon State

Oregon State

@Oregon State

Oregon State 

lol I know you're just kidding but I saw during the game on the crawl on the bottom of screen that they both agreed to play Mountain West teams for their "conference schedule" while playing a few games against other teams from other conferences. 

Washington and OSU are similar in regards to how they both have a ton of playmakers at receiver and like to spread it out. The main difference is that Penix is alot better than McCord along with the better coaching staff imo. OTOH I think OSU has a much better defense.  Assuming Michigan doesn't suffer any major injuries from now until the game I think they'll be favored by a TD or so.  

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 minute ago, buddha said:

not really.  either oregon or washington was getting in ahead of osu.

if texas or florida state win, osu is out.

they need georgia, louisville, and ok state to win (and michigan).

Yep but even then I think it would take a Bama blowout cause I can't picture the committee not taking UGA even if they lose. I think they would have to completely crap the bed for that to happen. 

I actually thought highly of TCU last year, atleast more than most did. I still thought Michigan was gonna win but I didn't think TCU was gonna be as easy as some thought. I felt that they were being disrespected due to not really having a ton of program pedigree or name value.

Like if they had the exact same roster and resume but was say LSU instead I feel like people wouldn't have taken them so lightly. After all this past draft Alabama was the only school with more 2023 draft picks were Georgia, Bama and Michigan so there obviously was a ton of talent on that TCU team. 

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I actually thought highly of TCU last year, atleast more than most did. I still thought Michigan was gonna win but I didn't think TCU was gonna be as easy as some thought. I felt that they were being disrespected due to not really having a ton of program pedigree or name value.

Like if they had the exact same roster and resume but was say LSU instead I feel like people wouldn't have taken them so lightly. After all this past draft Alabama was the only school with more 2023 draft picks were Georgia, Bama and Michigan so there obviously was a ton of talent on that TCU team. 

if jj throws multiple pick 6s and michigan turns the ball over like they did against tcu, they can lose to anyone.  if they play like that again this year washington will murder them.

• Thanks 1