The: "Can we not do this anymore?" 2024 MLB Draft

1984Echoes

18 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

Lefty hitting shortstop to go with lefty hitting third baseman (Jung) to go with lefty hitting 2nd baseman (McGonigle) to go with lefty hitting 1st baseman (Keith), to go with lefty hitting outfielders (Greene/Clark)...

Righty hitter/future Tigers: JH Malloy, Dingler

If 3 of these guys actually make it long term (including Greene) we are doing good....  I would love for them all to hit but realistically its highly doubtful...

Cross that too left-handed bridge when you get there. The odds of all of those players becoming MLB Regulars and all the current MLB LHH still being around is slim to none. Accumulate and develop talent and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 4

someone else mentioned the early love for Peyton Graham and Izaac Pacheco, a pair of 2nd rounds picks going nowhere fast. development is not a straight line and baseball is very hard. not sure how to differentiate this year's good job!,

with previous years' good job!

Recent Tigers Picks:

326 11 Micah Ashman LHP Univ of Utah 21 6' 7" / 195 lbs L L
356 12 Jude Warwick SS Downers Grove HS (IL) 18 6' 1" / 170 lbs L R
386 13 Lucas Elissalt RHP Chipola College 20 6' 4" / 190 lbs R R
416 14 Preston Howey RHP St. Mary's College 22 5' 10" / 175 lbs R R
446 15 Zach MacDonald OF Miami University (OH) 20 6' 1" / 195 lbs R R

3 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Unlikely to sign but was ranked 108 by pipeline 

Struggles with secondary pitches, and stamina in-game (loses velocity throughout...).

If they were going to try and pop a difficult sign... I would've preferred Dax Whitney. Much better stuff, repeatability and projectability. But probably interested only in college at this point and not enough bonus available to change his mind...

Just talking out loud...

Last 5 (Dawson Price looks like a 2-way player...):

476 16 Anson Seibert RHP Blue Valley Southwest (KS) 18 6' 8" / 235 lbs L R
506 17 Gabriel Rosado C Beltran BB Academy (PR) 18 6' 1" / 180 lbs L R
536 18 Bryce Alewine RHP Southern Union JC (AL) 19 6' 4" / 215 lbs R R
566 19 Chase Davis LHP Leon HS (FL) 17 6' 2" / 210 lbs L L
596 20 Dawson Price OF/3B/RHP Eastern Oklahoma JC 19 6' 5" / 215 lbs R R

2 hours ago, casimir said:

All other things being (relatively) equal, draft up the middle.  SS, P, CF.

Plus, several of those SS prospects have strong enough arms that if they moved to a different position, they could easily move to 3B and be plus defenders there. I would love to have a capable left-side of the IF, and IMO, drafting a plethora of SS's is in that/ the right direction...

3 hours ago, casimir said:

Agree.

come on, 84's best posts are when he's amped up on dr pepper and telling us that the red wings/lions/tigers 6th round pick is a real sleeper and destined for the hall of fame.  

i'd rather have that than some sorry old man shaking his fist at a cloud and complaining about everything.  🙂

/s debbie downer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

come on, 84's best posts are when he's amped up on dr pepper and telling us that the red wings/lions/tigers 6th round pick is a real sleeper and destined for the hall of fame.  

i'd rather have that than some sorry old man shaking his fist at a cloud and complaining about everything.  🙂

/s debbie downer.

It’s took a long time to come around to the use of CAPS but I’m no longer bothered by it.