The: "Can we not do this anymore?" 2024 MLB Draft

1984Echoes

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Ryan Sloan was still sitting there... I'm assuming he's asking for too much money to sign and no one wants to go that high...

Popped by the Mariners at 55 right after I said that...

Edited by 1984Echoes

2 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

True but most pitchers are right-handed and isn't right field easier to reach in Comerica ?

I'd be happy with 9 lefty's.  How often would hey see a left-handed pitcher? Some teams don't even have a LH starter and most have only 1 or 2 in the pen.  Plus lefties get that extra step coming out of the batters box.

22 minutes ago, Arlington said:

I'd be happy with 9 lefty's.  How often would hey see a left-handed pitcher? Some teams don't even have a LH starter and most have only 1 or 2 in the pen.  Plus lefties get that extra step coming out of the batters box.

around about the Middle 70's the Tigers got really left handed. I remember I attended a game and IIRC it was 8 LH bats in the starting lineup - everybody but Veryzer.

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

around about the Middle 70's the Tigers got really left handed. I remember I attended a game and IIRC it was 8 LH bats in the starting lineup - everybody but Veryzer.

Milt May and Phil Mankowski must have played...the search for a RH hitting OF lead to them trading Jason Thompson for Al Cowens.   Feh...

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Gotta buy him out of Vandy...

Yes and will it be hard if we went overslept for Rainer ? Or do you think these were two guys they really really liked and will risk signing later in the draft ?

21 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Yes and will it be hard if we went overslept for Rainer ? Or do you think these were two guys they really really liked and will risk signing later in the draft ?

They don't draft players without knowing what it'll take to sign them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

Looking at the MLB grades would put Rainer #3, Hall #6 and Schiefelbein top 10 in the Tigers top 30.

Yes of course I copy and pasted Schiefelbein...twice.

That's a REALLY good Top Ten

8 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Milt May and Phil Mankowski must have played...the search for a RH hitting OF lead to them trading Jason Thompson for Al Cowens.   Feh...

Phil Mankowski is one of our neighbors. Great guy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TigerNation said:

They don't draft players without knowing what it'll take to sign them.

NIL in college baseball is so new that’s it hard to predict what some of the SEC and ACC teams will do.  Wouldn’t shock me to see some of these schools significantly up their offers to players after the draft.    

Edited by Hongbit