2023-24 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Given they have a couple clear internal candidates, I believe the Tigers don’t want to block off third base. Some will disagree.

I can think of one if you count a few weeks of Arizona Fall League play as a clear candidate... I mean they claimed JHM was going to play a bunch at 3rd and then didnt I guess the hope is that Colts arm gets better and he can play at 3rd 

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Given they have a couple clear internal candidates, I believe the Tigers don’t want to block off third base. Some will disagree.

They may have quantity of internal candidates for 2024, but do they have a quality candidate for (more than just part of) 2024?

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

If the Giants are still interested and theoretically signed him, what's their plan for JD Davis?

Yup, that's something to watch, too.

Bonus, he's played 1B and OF (although not much recently) in his career.

6 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

I doubt Chapman wants to hit in Comerica while trying to reset his market. 

Maybe true.  But he’s also without a team right now, so he might not have a whole lot of other options.

And Comerica plays more neutral than pitcher friendly, so there’s that, too.

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Tony with the breakdown 

I don’t know if I’ve heard Peña call a game.  I liked him as a studio analyst on MLBN.  He seemed bright and was good with getting his points across from what I can remember.  So I like that he’s on board, hadn’t heard that he was a possibility.

I think Monroe got better after he started way back when, but regressed at some point.  Maybe this will be a better partnership for him?

I like Petry.  10 games seems like a demotion, but I guess if he’s taking on more studio work, it obviously cuts into the games.

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I had a dream that Cody Bellinger signed a 7 year $200 million deal with the Tigers that was so vivid that I had to check online when I woke up to see if it actually happened.     

Did he sign as a 3B/analyst/reporter?

40 minutes ago, casimir said:

I think Monroe got better after he started way back when, but regressed at some point.  Maybe this will be a better partnership for him?

Hopefully working with a better #1 all the sub-par Tigers analysts will be required to contribute less.

Edited by gehringer_2