Matt Shepard Out as Tigers PBP, Jason Benetti In.

mtutiger

13 minutes ago, oblong said:

Maybe she has nobody and little money to afford attorneys.  

If she has evidence that is credible and convincing, wouldn’t you think she could find an attorney to take the case and pursue it on the credible and convincing evidence with the agreement that he has to win the case to be paid? I know there are attorneys that do this but I don’t know that this would be one these cases. Craig Monroe is fairly high profile.

57 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

What was the story with Morris? He just disappeared. I figured he got a full-time gig.

He was suspended for a bit a couple of years back as I recall for making some stupid comment about an Asian player by being disrespectful to the pronunciation of the dialect. 
I also read some comments he made post employment that I thought were in poor taste regarding his employer. 

Edited by 1776
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

He was suspended for a bit a couple of years backed as I recall for making some stupid comment about an Asian player by being disrespectful to the pronunciation the dialect. 
I also read some comments he made post employment that I thought were in poor taste regarding his employer. 

Yeah, I was referring to the Asian accent in talking about Shohei Ohtani.  He later botched his apology by calling him Jose Ohtani.  It wasn't that big of a deal but certainly a broadcaster should know better. It was a short lived drama.  

47 minutes ago, 1776 said:

If she has evidence that is credible and convincing, wouldn’t you think she could find an attorney to take the case and pursue it on the credible and convincing evidence with the agreement that he has to win the case to be paid? I know there are attorneys that do this but I don’t know that this would be one these cases. Craig Monroe is fairly high profile.

I would think so.  I’m drifting towards an opinion this person is unstable, perhaps from years of abuse like this, and thinks in a social media world that @-ing a bunch of companies is how you deal with it.  I didn’t see any reference to investigations going on.  Or maybe there is already an issue and that’s what enabled him to keep doing this all these years.   I am specifically not saying she’s making it up. I’m only wondering about the mechanics of any investigation or next steps. 

2 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

People not believing a victim have ruined far more. 

Agreed. It's hard to get a conviction from a he said/she said situation though. As least, from what I've heard. But this situation sounds like it may have some other witnesses. Give one immunity if he'll talk. Yeah, I watch too many cop shows...lol 

26 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Justin Spiro used to be part of The Detroit Sports Rag which was a very sexist site.  I am not sure I'd advise a troubled woman to share a very senstive story with him.  

I think they had a falling out but I still don’t give this guy any credibility.  I’m confused as to why this hasn’t been touched by any “legit” media.  Surely some reporter had to be digging around.  I see four reasons in order of believability.

1) they didn’t have enough to publish without fear of a lawsuit 

2) don’t want to rock the boat with the org

3) just incompetent or lack of resources to pursue. 

4) there’s nothing to the story yet 

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think they had a falling out but I still don’t give this guy any credibility.  I’m confused as to why this hasn’t been touched by any “legit” media.  Surely some reporter had to be digging around.  I see four reasons in order of believability.

1) they didn’t have enough to publish without fear of a lawsuit 

2) don’t want to rock the boat with the org

3) just incompetent or lack of resources to pursue. 

4) there’s nothing to the story yet 

I noticed Petzold is following her, so he is probably digging. Still, what happened to his predecessor, we may have to rely on alternate media for this unfortunately. Spiro is on my lengthy Twitter block list though given the DSR ties back in the day.

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

What was the story with Morris? He just disappeared. I figured he got a full-time gig.

He was a good announcer but he has always been a grade A douchebag and his true colors were coming through.

I’m a little more skeptical about this tonight than I was earlier today. I’ll wait to see whether the media pick it up.

Either way, off the air since June 9 with an official tweet deflecting explanation to him doesn’t augur well for Craig’s future with the team. Why would a team in an MLB that meticulously controls its narrative just cede the narrative on his absence to him? What kind of sense does that make?

Edited by chasfh

12 hours ago, chasfh said:

Either way, off the air since June 9 with an official tweet deflecting explanation to him doesn’t augur well for Craig’s future with the team. 

I believe Craig’s future with the team is null and void at this point, whatever the outcome. He’d be a distraction going forward and there would always be lingering questions and speculation. 

Well, still no mention of this from the Tigers beat is a problem, imo... a big problem. Out of fear of access, stuff like this is unlikely going to be uncovered and people are going to be victimized when stuff like this could otherwise come to light sooner. Sports teams took the wrong lesson from Penn State et. al.

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2024 at 4:40 PM, Tigeraholic1 said:

Ernie Harrell getting fired is on top of my franchise list.

yeah, that was the dumbest move ever.  How could anyone think that was a good idea?  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

Well, still no mention of this from the Tigers beat is a problem, imo... a big problem. Out of fear of access, stuff like this is unlikely going to be uncovered and people are going to be victimized when stuff like this could otherwise come to light sooner. Sports teams took the wrong lesson from Penn State et. al.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Fox 2 doesn't have any credentials to lose. Let's see if this trend keeps up.

The Tigers have taken an official stance on this so I don’t think access is the issue here. The story doesn’t belong to the beat guys, anyway. It belongs to the newsroom.

Can someone tell me what’s the story? I don’t do twitter and don’t read much news outside this forum. There’s been lots of hinting here but not a full picture of what’s going on. 

I saw the tweet from the Detroit News Reporter back to her asking for her to reach out... he was a former member of this community.  The article says she's not done that.

This is why earlier on I wondered whether this person has anybody advising her on how to proceed with this.  It seems odd that if it's being investigated, as the news article says it is, then why did she come out again over the weekend?