2023 MLB Playoffs

Toddwert

Pulling for the Rangers and Dbacks, Id be OK with the Astros just cause of JV but Id rather see some new blood. 

Phillies are the worst case scenario for me, I hate Philly fans, I hate the fact that they werent even the best team in their division all season(I know you can say that about the Dbacks as well) and even though they may not deserve it I personally find many of their players unlikable.

Oh yeah and I also hate how they built their team by basically signing a bunch of high priced Free Agents 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Pulling for the Rangers and Dbacks, Id be OK with the Astros just cause of JV but Id rather see some new blood. 

Phillies are the worst case scenario for me, I hate Philly fans, I hate the fact that they werent even the best team in their division all season(I know you can say that about the Dbacks as well) and even though they may not deserve it I personally find many of their players unlikable.

Oh yeah and I also hate how they built their team by basically signing a bunch of high priced Free Agents 

will DD go into the HOF in a Phillies polo? a Tigers polo? a Marlins polo? or a chartreuse polo?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Red Sox fans don't like Dombrowski.  

you are closer but that whole thing puzzles me.  He doesn't seem like their kind of guy but snatch him up, so quickly that some suggest he had overtures with them and that's what led to him being fired.  He does what they ask, delivers a winner, then they get rid of him for doing that.

It's like fooling around with someone, divorcing your spouse for that person, marrying them, then divorcing them for being someone who fooled around. 

They knew what they were getting.  They got it.  

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

you are closer but that whole thing puzzles me.  He doesn't seem like their kind of guy but snatch him up, so quickly that some suggest he had overtures with them and that's what led to him being fired.  He does what they ask, delivers a winner, then they get rid of him for doing that.

It's like fooling around with someone, divorcing your spouse for that person, marrying them, then divorcing them for being someone who fooled around. 

they just hate anyone who's not Theo

36 minutes ago, oblong said:

From a fan perspective, I think it's because the Red Sox fans are used to having good teams, so they don't feel any special gratitude towards Dombrowski.  They saw that he gutted their farm system in order to win now and then he is somehow connected to the Red Sox letting their star players go even though it happened after he left.  For Tigers fans, the Dombrowski years were the only time they really had a winning team in the last four decades.  

I've been impressed with all the teams so far.  Houston just looks like they know they will win.  They went into Texas looking like they were up 2-0 instead of down 0-2.  Last night Texas could have folded.  It looked like Houston was about to take the lead.  

Arizona hung in there but I think Philly whoops them tonight.

2 minutes ago, MIguy said:

Scherzer is either going to pitch a no hitter or give up 5 runs in the first two innings, no in between.   

agreed.  

I think he's done.  Very admirable career.  Lived up to his contract, rare for a pitcher to do that.  I'm glad he was a Tiger.  His performance out of the bullpen in 2013 was one of the greatest moments we saw during that 2011-2013 run.