Random NHL comments/thoughts

lordstanley

Posted (edited)

Impressive win for Edmonton. Killed off a 4-minute minor without too much trouble to start OT, then clearly were the better team the rest of the way before McDavid wins it the first minute of 2OT. 

Edited by lordstanley

Posted (edited)

Edmonton dominating the game so far tonight. Looks like they might be advancing if they keep this pace of play up. I sort of wanted to be right about my prediction that Kenny would never make another Stanley Cup as a GM. Oh well!

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Edmonton dominating the game so far tonight. Looks like they might be advancing if they keep this pace of play up. I sort of wanted to be right about my prediction that Kenny would never make another Stanley Cup as a GM. Oh well!

Kenny has made some decent pickups. Hyman, Kane, Eckholm, Henrique. The Oilers have made the conference finals three times in past 30 years - two of them have been in past three years under Kenny. 

Edited by lordstanley

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Kenny has made some decent pickups. Hyman, Kane, Eckholm, Henrique. The Oilers have made the conference finals three times in past 30 years - two of them have been in past three years under Kenny. 

Kenny's failure in Det was mostly only one aspect of the job - the accumulation of too many years of bad drafting.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Kenny's failure in Det was mostly only one aspect of the job - the accumulation of too many years of bad drafting.

Not having McDavid and Draisaitl in their prime also hurt him here.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

His drafts in Edmonton have been subpar too.

Edited by lordstanley

Well congratulations Kenny. You did what I didn't think you were capable of doing and made another Stanley Cup Final with another organization. I never thought Holland would be able to make another Cup Final and so he has. It helps to have two of the top five point scorers in the league, but still, Kenny put a team together that made it to the Cup Final. 

19 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Fingernail and toenail biting time for Oilers fans. Lead just cut in half with 7 minutes to go, 2-1. Dallas outshooting Edmonton 31-10 although the play hasn’t seemed that lopsided. 

Robertson had a shot there at the end of the game too.

Posted (edited)

Hockey is so funny.    If you only watched this series, you’d think I was nuts to tell you Thomas Harley and Wyatt Johnston are young players that every team in the league would love to have and also that Stuart Skinner is a very average goalie. 

Edited by Hongbit

Peter DeBoer's coaching on the powerplay and match ups he sent out there just weren't working. When you can't score a single pp goal the entire series and you don't make any major adjustments that's on coaching. DeBoer did a subpar job here this series. 

Am I tiny bit bitter that Kenny left us here in a hockey dark ages? Yes. Did I want Edmonton to lose this series because of that? Yes. But will I rant and rave about Kenny like I would have a year or two ago? Nah, life's too short to stay that mad at Kenny. 

Efffff you Ken Holland for what you did to us in Detroit lol, but good job in Edmonton getting to a Cup Final.